#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we aren't far apart.
His lacking 'ruthlessness' is more due to his mind than his body. Look in his face, the lad needs more faith and support than other players, but if he gets it, it could click.
Because his body (!) brings all he needs.
I think it's not much missing and he could be a beast. All about self-confidence.

One thing I’ve noticed that even in the games where he scores, he ends up missing his fair share of good chances as well. I know all strikers miss chances but I never feel confident when Gabby goes 1 on 1 with the keeper.

The context of his place in the side also has to be taken into account. He’s competing with, and supposed to replace, our greatest ever goal scorer. Therefore, he has to show than he can deliver like Aguero as well.

He’s of the Firminho mould in that he offers so much more than his goal scoring. The difference is that Liverpool’s main goal threat comes from the wide players. Both Mane and Salah and 20+ goals a season players.

Aside of Raz, we don’t have that luxury so our main striker needs to deliver 20+ goals a season. I’m not sure I see that from Jesus.

One thing I’ve noticed that even in the games where he scores, he ends up missing his fair share of good chances as well. I know all strikers miss chances but I never feel confident when Gabby goes 1 on 1 with the keeper.

The context of his place in the side also has to be taken into account. He’s competing with, and supposed to replace, our greatest ever goal scorer. Therefore, he has to show than he can deliver like Aguero as well.

He’s of the Firminho mould in that he offers so much more than his goal scoring. The difference is that Liverpool’s main goal threat comes from the wide players. Both Mane and Salah and 20+ goals a season players.

Aside of Raz, we don’t have that luxury so our main striker needs to deliver 20+ goals a season. I’m not sure I see that from Jesus.
He’s scored 18 from 25 starts so he probably would be a 20 plus a season as a regular first choice starter.

What this confirms to me is that Pep probably doesn't post on here.

The 2nd tweet is important though. It is unfair to consistently compare him to Aguero the way he has been, because of the obviously different qualities.

There's a realistic chance he might not be as good as Aguero was for us. But it's not going to be because he's going to suck it's because Aguero is an all time great and an extraordinarily difficult act to follow. But even if he's only 90% the player Kun is, he'll still be fantastic and more than worthy. I think either way people need to realise there's a possibility that there's nobody out there who can immediately replace Aguero as far as the full package is concerned. As in whoever we bring in could be worse than Aguero. Still great but just not Aguero. But just because someone isn't as good as one of the best ever means they're worth writing off. Otherwise the only solution would be for us to have no striker out of spite for however long it takes for a truly once in a generation striker to pop up and sign for us.

You know how everyone wrote off Sterling and then they had to backtrack?
You know how everyone (and some still) wrote off Mahrez and then they had to backtrack?
You know how everyone wrote off Mendy and then you know how it's going to go tonight?
Well there's a theme here dom.
Gabby has been here for now long? I honestly can't remember,he is a confidence player,pep is bigging him up again tonite,let's hope it works this time of he won't play

Yes, that's my opinion. Sergio didn't start the biggest game of the season so far, the one in Madrid. He didn't start against Manure away in the cup which was also a very important game. We are more dynamic with Jesus and he will be picked ahead of Sergio for the big games from now on, except for some occasions at the Etihad when fans are allowed to go to games.

I predicted and argued several weeks before the game in Madrid that Sergio wasn't going to start there, and got a lot of flack for it. Actually, I'm probably the only member of this forum who predicted that none of Sergio and David was going to play in Madrid and that it would be good if we started without Fernandinho as well. Apparently, I can read Pep' s mind :) without, however, having any contact with him and his staff. Just common sense and logic. In high intensity games away from home Aguero isn't what he used to be. Gabby is the future. And he is much more talented than many on here realise.
tell him to pull his finger out and get on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.