COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got slagged off on here when someone predicted 50k dead by I think early May. No idea if he has apologised as I blocked the twat along with many others on this thread who are still predicting doom and gloom. We are over the worst with infections and deaths reducing and the NHS was not overwhelmed. We will have blips over the next few months and we have to accept that. Doesn’t help when the likes of the twats in Leicester totally ignore what they are being told and it takes three months for the local councillors to say that it might be a language problem. FFS I can just see other European countries translating all their pressers, adverts, social media etc into various other languages, not. Take some personal responsibility and do the right thing and we will all go back to normality quicker.

I got threatened with a ban by someone called Sebastian Blue for daring to disagree that it won't kill 6 million. Madness.

Scotland deaths currently unavailable due to a 'technical' delay. But new cases just 9. 424 in hospital. And 11 now in ICU.

For comparison last week it was 0 deaths and 8 new cases and 13 in icu.

Last edited:
And this above is the problem, I have to go out now but later or tomorrow I will post figures of people who died from covid-19 with no previous underlying health issues.

They have consistently pumped the numbers (backed by facts and not models).

And everyone quoting the 500k number if we did nothing go and look at Swedens common sense approach.

Peace and love x

ahh your one of those “it’s not covid it’s the underlying health issue that got them” people.

500k with no controls would have been passed very easily in my view.

the problem with the happy clappers is the fact they look at it from where we are now ( 4 months in ) with lockdowns and say “look look it’s not as bad as all that” where as models were talking totals.

500k is an average of 1369 deaths a day over a year. With no controls that is well in the range of possibility.

Let's use Sweden as an example of what would happen without a strict lockdown, aren't they on around 12 a day dying now? Before people start banging on about population etc Stockholm is more densely populated than London. Many studies have said that a full lockdown has barely any benefit over banning large gatherings together with social distancing. It is also proven our cases peaked before lockdown. In my opinion there is absolutely no way we would be anywhere near 500k deaths.

Highly unlikely I would imagine as if those sort of numbers were happening people probably would imposed their own lockdown

that’s still an action effecting it tho. Those predictions are pure maths predictions, probably not taking stuff like that into consideration.

More on England data - 18 is exactly the same as last week. That 18 was a new low. But 3 were from the day before v two this week

UK hospital total was 21. And all settings later 36.

In fact the last 3 Sunday reported all settings deaths have been 36, 43, 36. So they have plateaued. And do not seem likely to be much different this week.

Sunday and Monday reported totals are always low though you have to remember.

Last edited:
For what it is worth add ons for the England data show just one to July 3 - making a two day total of 3. By miles the lowest since March but with the obvious weekend caveat,

8 were added to July 2 making that 27 after 3 days - which in contrast is the highest 3 day total in a week.

But July 1 added just 1 so now sits at 14 after 4 days and that is well below the previous 4 day low too (that was 22).

June 30 added nothing so the 5 day total for that stays at 25

And the 6 and 7 day totals for Jun 29 and 28 added zero to stay at 24 and 34 respectively.

The 18 England patients were aged between 54 and 94 and all had previous underlying health conditions.

Wales death total only rises by 1 with 15 new cases.Last week it was 2 deaths and 25 cases.

So running hospital total is 19 compared with 21 last week. With Scotland to clarify any deaths still and N Ireland to add any too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.