Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Not that arsed to be honnest but....
1 Pep manages to play player in form out of it with rotation. Foden and de bruyne!
2 zinchenko adds nothing to this team. He doesn’t get in any other top 10 team. What are his actual strengths!
3 if you give goals away like that constantly then team then have something to hang onto
4 Jesus is not the answer
5 cancelo is shite
6 David Silva is holding us back when he plays (sad but true)

We just got out fought tonight. Kinda meh feeling about it as the cups are the things that matter now. What really does worry me is we don’t have a proper striker to bring on as and when Jesus isn’t doing it. A summer priority. Fair play to soton who just were at it likes it was that or relegation.

I wouldn't say Southampton out thoughts us. They rode their luck at times and in another game it would of been a comfortable, albiet not outstanding win for us.

Is this forum representative of normal Manchester City fans?

A loss in a dead-rubber game, with neither team having much to play for, with lots of rotation, and played two days after beating Liverpool = the whole team is terrible and massive investment is required.

Plus, you're still in the running for a cup treble in what is mostly a transition season for the team. The negativity on here is bizarre.

The we have lost more games than United and Arsenal speaks volumes about our attack as well as defence.

We don’t draw many games. It shows that when the defence does indeed fuck up, which it has done on far too many occasions, the attack is also toothless.

The fact we are the top scorers in the league just hides the problem for me. We’ve lost that mentality to score important goals and whilst we will put 5/6 past some of the lesser sides in the division, we struggle to come back from being a goal down.

Mentally weak perhaps. Need a couple of leaders out there.

I fear you're right. We're miles behind thd dippers.
Too many games like this. I honestly think our transfer policy is appalling, only two players I think have been 100% success is Edison and Silva.

On principle I would sell Zinchenkov he spent all day chucking chucking in crosses to a forward line that are fucking dwarfs against 6ft defenders

jesus is not the Aguero replacement, we never replaced Vinny, Dino is too old, Foden will take some time to get to Silva - just shite utter shite and we haven’t referenced Leroy

Like I said after Chelsea, I don't have the energy to care about these losses in dead rubber games since I long ago accepted what the flaws are in this team and I trust that they'll be addressed in the transfer window. It is what it is, we made it out of there without any injuries and that's what matters. If any of you are proper wound up by it, I suggest you take a deep breath and remember that at least it's not as bad as Kolarov jogging back in a 4-0 loss in that same stadium lol.

At least now people on here will stop banging on about an 80 year old Fernandinho needing to play in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.