COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three pubs out of thousands (1 in Batley, Somerset and Hampshire) have closed down after punters tested positive for the virus. Other visitors to these pubs are being contacted / track and traced. Hopefully, these pubs observed social distancing etc but I wouldn’t bank on it based on what I know of Batley.

Some people with the virus were always likely to inadvertently visit some pubs I guess.

Three pubs out of thousands (1 in Batley, Somerset and Hampshire) have closed down after punters tested positive for the virus. Other visitors to these pubs are being contacted / track and traced. Hopefully, these pubs observed social distancing etc but I wouldn’t bank on it based on what I know of Batley.

Some people with the virus were always likely to inadvertently visit some pubs I guess.

That contacting is flawed I wrote tony book on my way into the boozer on Saturday, made me laugh every fucker was sharing the same pen with no hand sanitizer near by

That contacting is flawed I wrote tony book on my way into the boozer on Saturday, made me laugh every fucker was sharing the same pen with no hand sanitizer near by

I am not surprised mate. btw the pub that was shut down is known as the Garrick (I think it’s proper title is the Garrick’s Head).

Why are people unwilling to write their real name and number? Surely everyone wants to do their bit to help yet the amount of people saying 'im not giving my details' is huge.

Why are people unwilling to write their real name and number? Surely everyone wants to do their bit to help yet the amount of people saying 'im not giving my details' is huge.

Maybe they should insist on photo ID?
The rules of the game to allow pubs to re-open is the ability to track and trace people.
Since visiting a pub isn't essential (like going to work), then not wanting to give your details means you should just avoid going for the time being.
Billy big boots giving a fake name is just stupid.

re pubs and collecting information: The scheme is voluntary, neither businesses nor customers are required to collect or provide this information by law. When you couple this with the fact you can fall foul of GDPR and get nailed, some places arent bothering. Before Saturday was out, pubs around me had abandoned taking details apart from a telephone number if you book over the phone. If you turn up on the door you dont have to. System is crumbling already.

I wouldn’t get away with false ID as my local know me too well and they already have some of m info from accessing free Wi-fi, following on Facebook etc.

Whatever system pubs do or do not use, they will probably get scapegoated if things go wrong like we are seeing today with care homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.