City fans writing John Stones off too early?

Shaelumstash

I keep reading Stones being completely written off.

But if we’re going to win the Champions League this season, I think he’s absolutely key to it.

People forget he started more games than Kompany in the Centurions season. And started 50% more games than Kompany in the Domestic Treble season.

He was easily England’s best centre back in the World Cup and was an automatic starter, way ahead of Slab Head.

He’s easily our best defender on the ball and our build up play from the back invariably starts with him.

He’s got an incredible record alongside Laporte, they complement each other so well. Laporte attacks on the front foot, allowing Stones to sweep in behind.

He’s not capable of leading the line himself, and should never play alongside Otamendi ever again. But alongside Laporte, that’s a combination with a proven track record of winning big games and winning trophies.

I like Garcia, and don’t mind Otamendi as a 4th choice back up. Fernandinho is a City legend, but we’ve never looked entirely comfortable with him at centre back.

I just can’t see us going all the way to winning the CL with any of those at centre back.

But Stones alongside Laporte, if they can both stay fit and in form, they’re the best chance we’ve got.

I keep reading Stones being completely written off.

But if we’re going to win the Champions League this season, I think he’s absolutely key to it.

People forget he started more games than Kompany in the Centurions season. And started 50% more games than Kompany in the Domestic Treble season.

He was easily England’s best centre back in the World Cup and was an automatic starter, way ahead of Slab Head.

He’s easily our best defender on the ball and our build up play from the back invariably starts with him.

He’s got an incredible record alongside Laporte, they complement each other so well. Laporte attacks on the front foot, allowing Stones to sweep in behind.

He’s not capable of leading the line himself, and should never play alongside Otamendi ever again. But alongside Laporte, that’s a combination with a proven track record of winning big games and winning trophies.

I like Garcia, and don’t mind Otamendi as a 4th choice back up. Fernandinho is a City legend, but we’ve never looked entirely comfortable with him at centre back.

I just can’t see us going all the way to winning the CL with any of those at centre back.

But Stones alongside Laporte, if they can both stay fit and in form, they’re the best chance we’ve got.
Slabhead is a very disrespectful way to describe a player who contributed largely to our early sucess

Who’s early success?

Slab head is Harry Maguire’s nickname and the entire England squad call it him.
Thats a bit disappointing. Ive always liked to think that Slabhead was us Bluemooners pet name for him.
Please dont tell me Camel gob was the England squads name for another facially challenged rag defender.

Great OP. I remain adamant that no player of ours receives more underserved and unfair criticism than John Stones. It borders on the ridiculous a lot of the time.

He is definitely good enough for this team and has proven that beyond doubt. I'm sticking by him to bounce back next season.

Thats a bit disappointing. Ive always liked to think that Slabhead was us Bluemooners pet name for him.
Please dont tell me Camel gob was the England squads name for another facially challenged rag defender.
Ha! Yeh the England players started it, all my rag mates call him Slab head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.