COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 pubs closed for deep clean. All the punters contacted and having tests. Amazingly, over 90% of punters gave their real contact details.
I guess we will find out if Test and Trace does the job going forward.

3 pubs closed for deep clean. All the punters contacted and having tests. Amazingly, over 90% of punters gave their real contact details.
I guess we will find out if Test and Trace does the job going forward.

I genuinely don't get the whole leaving false information thing. Every time I have phoned to book a table in a restaurant in the last however many years I've been asked to leave my name and a phone number. How is this different??

I genuinely don't get the whole leaving false information thing. Every time I have phoned to book a table in a restaurant in the last however many years I've been asked to leave my name and a phone number. How is this different??
Nor do I - I just don't get it.
I am actually pleasantly suprised by the number of people actually giving their actual contact details.

Disappointing all settings total of 155 deaths.

So 115 out of hospital deaths added on.

Identical total to last Tuesday.

That will flatten the plateauing fall in the curve.

New cases back up too - to 581.

Though week on week its down from 689.

567 of those 581 are from England.

I would say all in all there are continuing small signs we are not heading out of this quite yet.

Tomorrow will be a key day. Last week numbers went up to 176 with even more catch up deaths in hospital and outside.

Last edited:
New cases back up too - to 581.

Though week on week its down from 689.

567 of those 581 are from England.

I would say all in all there are continuing small signs we are not heading out of this quite yet.

Tomorrow will be a key day. Last week numbers went up to 176 with even more catch up deaths in hospital and outside.

I don't agree that the signs are we are not coming out of it. The figures from today cover a 3 day period and the possibility of small spikes remains. It's all about the rolling 7 day figures for me to judge if we are coming out of it at the same pace. It's a natural reaction to be cautious with positive news but allow any slightly negative need to manifest itself into worry.

Pretty sure the catalyst was a lack of organic peppers.

Should have guessed. I've seen 20 year old Glastonbury wrist bands, ripped off peoples arms and thrown into a glass of Chianti over that. One man swore he would write a percussion piece, using nothing but recycled pasta cutters, to illustrate the harm caused through annoying, but spiritually cathartic sounds. He had a top knot, so it's obviously going to be great.

First up, an error on my part, the 38% figure represented the number of deaths in English care homes due to Covid-19, not 38% of care homes that had Covid cases. The proportion of care homes that had had Covid-19 cases on the 29th April was 33%
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-cases-covid-19-deaths-pandemic-a9490276.html
As of the latest report the proportion of care homes that have had Covid-19 cases is now 56%
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eaths-rate-england-wales-latest-a9599426.html

As you have stated this is the level reported throughout Europe at the end of April to everyone's horror.
But the sad fact is that in the last two months this percentage in England has gone up 23% even WITH additional measures in place. Testing for residents and staff has been available on demand and access to PPE provided (no issues from the last week in May) . Best practice processes have been enforced, yet the numbers have continued to rise.
The use of agency staff is clearly one of the major issues by staff members visiting multiple homes and asymptomatic transmission is another cause - the introduction of regular testing regardless of symptoms finally appears to have got a grip of things but somthing has still gone badly wrong. No wonder Boris and other government ministers have been tearing their hair out.
Private care homes seem to have been the least badly effected. The big care corporations clearly are the main problem.

Good post. I was banging on about this ad nauseum from March onwards, not April, and pointed out the danger of having low-paid staff circulating across multiple homes and coming into contact with countless people. Once it was in the system, it was always going to wreak havoc. Cannot understand why so many European governments neglected this area; perhaps they see such private contractors as beyond their immediate remit. I also predicted that the Government would end up in a blame game with the NHS and the care home sector, and that the latter would end up getting the brunt of it. In some ways I think that’s wrong, but if it leads to an overhaul of provision and a reexamination of how we look after old people, then it may lead to a better system in future. Just hope it’s not blame for the sake of it and that we have plans in place to deal with it better this winter.

Regional scoreboard shows where most of these cases have sadly come from:

London +37 NE + 3 West Midlands + 37 Yorks & Humber + 91

North West + 114 = only one less than the highest figure last week on the first day of the new wider case number reporting.

So a fifth of the new cases from the NW.

And nearly half from the NW and Yorkshire/Humber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.