Who can replace Leroy Sane?

The closest like for like replacement, as in left footed LW player, is Alphonso Davies (but at Bayern) and Bailey (which is why we are linked to him).

I want Braaf promoted as well, but being right footed he is more akin to Sterling.

Mikel Oyarzabal is not super quick, but not slow, average pace. But highly intelligent on the LW and very good dribbling and finishing. I saw him alot pre lockdown and he's been immense for sociedad, actually has Sane numbers (10 goals, 10 assists roughly) at pre lockdown, and 2nd on assists in La Liga (you can guess whose first).

Otherwise maybe we don't look for this player anymore and move on with how we've been adapting, with Mendy or some LB crossing wide left and just continue with that.

The closest like for like replacement, as in left footed LW player, is Alphonso Davies (but at Bayern) and Bailey (which is why we are linked to him).

I want Braaf promoted as well, but being right footed he is more akin to Sterling.

Mikel Oyarzabal is not super quick, but not slow, average pace. But highly intelligent on the LW and very good dribbling and finishing. I saw him alot pre lockdown and he's been immense for sociedad, actually has Sane numbers (10 goals, 10 assists roughly) at pre lockdown, and 2nd on assists in La Liga (you can guess whose first).

Otherwise maybe we don't look for this player anymore and move on with how we've been adapting, with Mendy or some LB crossing wide left and just continue with that.

If Mendy can stay fit and get back to his attacking best then he would really cover the Sané hole

If Mendy can stay fit and get back to his attacking best then he would really cover the Sané hole
We just play a bit differently around it.

The Sane-David quick goal won't be made with Mendy, as Mendy will stay wide and hardly makes runs in behind (which was what made the Sane crosses great). It's still a great cross (sometimes) from the left to result in a goal, but just in a different way.

Ultimately it depends on what Pep wants. We haven't done it for a while as well, tail end of last seasons win we had Sterling and Bernardo as inverted wingers when we went undefeated, so I can't say the move is "necessary" for us to begin with.

But if the whole Bailey thing is real, it would be nice to see Bailey left, Jesus/Mahrez center, Sterling right and see the move again. It also puts Sterling back to RW which alot of people here like to see (I'm only partial to it, but I like it). This would also let Bernardo to play center permanently and hope he gets his form back (Phil and Braaf on wings).

In my opinion we should tweak our system so that both the fullbacks overlap and provides width. That way we could use Foden on the left wing as a "Sane replacement" to rotate with Sterling. The width we lose from having inside wingers on both sides could easily be replaced by our fullbacks

I think we should buy someone like Theo Hernandez or Telles to challenge Mendy for the LB spot and sell Zinchenko and Angelino

The best formation for this kind of football would be 4231, our inverted fullbacks will now be replaced by a double pivot

In my opinion we should tweak our system so that both the fullbacks overlap and provides width. That way we could use Foden on the left wing as a "Sane replacement" to rotate with Sterling. The width we lose from having inside wingers on both sides could easily be replaced by our fullbacks

I think we should buy someone like Theo Hernandez or Telles to challenge Mendy for the LB spot and sell Zinchenko and Angelino

The best formation for this kind of football would be 4231, our inverted fullbacks will now be replaced by a double pivot
That's definitely an option if we have attacking fullbacks, both Mendy and Cancelo wide with Rodri and Gundogan giving deeper midfield support to allow this (although then I'd keep Zinny to support the DMs, its a waste to put Foden or Kevin in these spots imo, although Kevin can do it).

Your right that we need a LB for support on Mendy because Zinchenko cannot do that, but the reason I have high doubts about this is that Walker is really fast, but we don't see him wide attacking much. Some people don't trust him to do it well, personally, I don't know, he may be capable or not, we almost never see him do it (clearly instructed by Pep).

That's definitely an option if we have attacking fullbacks, both Mendy and Cancelo wide with Rodri and Gundogan giving deeper midfield support to allow this (although then I'd keep Zinny to support the DMs, its a waste to put Foden or Kevin in these spots imo, although Kevin can do it).

Your right that we need a LB for support on Mendy because Zinchenko cannot do that, but the reason I have high doubts about this is that Walker is really fast, but we don't see him wide attacking much. Some people don't trust him to do it well, personally, I don't know, he may be capable or not, we almost never see him do it (clearly instructed by Pep).

If we get our transfer targets it can look something like this. We played 4231 against both Liverpool and Leicester (definitely two of our best performances this season). Gives KDB freedom to focus on the attack while width is not a problem with our overlapping fullbacks

If we get our transfer targets it can look something like this. We played 4231 against both Liverpool and Leicester (definitely two of our best performances this season). Gives KDB freedom to focus on the attack while width is not a problem with our overlapping fullbacks

That looks alright, although Bernardo and Foden would rotate with Kevin as well.

Fernandinho will retire at CB with us, he played 1 game there (after a year) and it didn't go well, and he's too old to rely on, so I would put him as 3rd/4th choice CB in your picture. Also, doubt we are buying 2 CBs, just the 1 most likely. Rest looks good, but doesn't fully address whether Walker as wingback works (I don't know if it does, it may or may not).

Anyone think that Ryan Sessegnon could be an option for left wing/left back?

He looked great at Fulham but has stalled at Spurs under Maureen. Worth a punt if we could get him for a reasonable price.

That looks alright, although Bernardo and Foden would rotate with Kevin as well.

Fernandinho will retire at CB with us, he played 1 game there (after a year) and it didn't go well, and he's too old to rely on, so I would put him as 3rd/4th choice CB in your picture. Also, doubt we are buying 2 CBs, just the 1 most likely. Rest looks good, but doesn't fully address whether Walker as wingback works (I don't know if it does, it may or may not).
Probably should've mentioned that I only put one player on one position. Many of our players are versatile enough to play in numerous positions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.