City fans writing John Stones off too early?

100% backing John Stones, I've never been one to turn against Our players and my best wishes are with him for the future and I hope it's in a Blue Shirt running around Wembley and 3 weeks later in Lisbon with the Fa cup and Champions league.

Quotes from Pep's press conference:

"I will continue to say that I’m more than delighted with John as a person, as a professional, everything. What I want is the best for him. We’ll speak at the end of the season about what's going to happen.
Sometimes my wish is not the wish of the players, or the wish of the club. I'm honest with them and the moment I will feel that we have to change any player, we’ll talk to them.
He’s a young player. We want him to be consistent, train regularly and recover. There are players who can play every three days for 11 months and it's not a problem, others struggle more and we have to find the key to training and playing every three days."

Is this true of our record with Stones and Laporte?

Genuine question, and no stats to hand. But I‘ve never been entirely convinced of them as a pairing, and have in mind that a majority of our defeats/weaker defensive performances last season were when they played together. Could be entirely wrong.
Yeh it’s true, they showed the stats on MNF a while back and the Stones and Laporte partnership have an incredible record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.