Match Thread | Man City vs Newcastle (08/07/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference between today and Southampton? Movement off the ball, that trademarked third run in behind has lead to both goals, when sterling plays on the left he doesn’t make that run or if he does he retreats with the ball instead of playing it across because he simply refuses to use his left foot. Get sterling back on the right.

Cancelo has impressed me again, we need to keep walker ticking over but we should be giving him as much game time as possible, possibly even at left back when walker needs a run out considering Mendy’s European suspension.

Absolute masterclass from David Silva. I refuse to accept he won’t be around the next time I watch City, we’ve got months to perfect age reversal/human cloning

And the biggest difference is Southampton played well and Newcastle are fucking awful.

In games like this, playing with just one 6 works great a d both Gundogan and Rodri do well.

But against high pressing teams, while we are still okay with one 6, when we play with 2 (Gundogan and Rodri) it gives us more balance from the back and allows Kevin (or just one midfielder) in charge of counter attacks (which are way more important against pressing teams)

That’s about as close to a stress free first half as you’re likely to see.

More of the same in the second half please with about four more goals. Newcastle deserve a good tonking for the anti-football they have played the last half dozen times we have played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.