Newcastle (H) Post-Match Thread

I have no clue what Newcastle wanted out of that game. Didn't sit back and try to hit ous on the counter as they had no pace up front. Didn't try to make it difficult for us to play from the back with high pressing. Just let us have the ball and do what we wanted with it. Elephant Man you benuse me,

Just a reminder...Steve Bruce is supposed auditioning to show the Saudi's that he deserves the job post-takeover and shouldn't be replaced.

Absolutely shameful performance that, it actually got to the point where I was quite angry at how bad they were, it wasn't a football game. Our lads did their job very well in crap conditions and played some nice football but Newcastle were actually so bad it detracted from my enjoyment of how good we were at points.

In the cup game I thought, "Oh OK he's prioritising the league" which looking back makes no sense as they're safe anyway. Today though? Burton Albion gave us 10x more trouble. How can a professional manager see the problems we have had this season and just instruct his team to be completely passive, neither press nor defend the box, try to dribble it out of defence until the target man went off and then hit it long to nobody.

If Bruce had any dignity he'd resign on the bus home.

Great to see Doyle get his debut. KDB get closer to the assist record (his teammates should have taken him past it) and Bernardo looked more energetic.

Negative points were Sterling almost ending KDB's season with that hospital pass.

Brilliant ton.

It was an excellent display from all 16 players. Merlin was outstanding and it was great to see John Stones get a full 90 minutes under his belt.

Fantastic too, to see Tommy Doyle make his Premier League début. His granddads would have been so proud.

Another PL record for the Blues; five players in double figures for goals in a season. Well done to Kevin, Gabriel, Raheem, Riyad and Sergio.

That was about as one sided as you can get in the PL. City were very good but Newcastle were equally as poor. We're not as bad a some on here were making out after the Southampton game.

The way that "fletch" and Mcminimum were stroking the Elephant mans trunk this evening and feeding him buns, i almost forgot that he was Steve Bruce !!!!

one thing stands out tonight ? city are fully in control of the game and when we want turn up the heat and press and rush, jesus first half was push rushing everything and wanted the ball, half time game over city come out and just play in 3rd gear slow pass and move no press and rushing by jesus

its simple pep got this in control and city are up for the cups and saving and rotating and just going through the stages and when we need to city turn it on and we play great football like today and liverpool and newcastle away

so all the moaners from the southampton game ? just remember it if we go on to lift up the fa cup and champions league we have had a better season than last season
The only thing is, re the game at St Mary's, this performance tonight just makes the defeat all the more annoying. We weren't really THAT much better tonight, were we? Granted, we were playing a better side on their own patch; we all know Newcastle are terrible on their travels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.