The King Of Cocktails

Went to the JD distillery in Tennessee a couple of years ago. Been on a few distillery trips over the last 30 years, but this was definitely one of the most interesting. The county it’s situated in is actually dry ffs!
Makes perfect sense, there is a huge Budweiser and Corona brewery in Idaho Falls (prime mormon country) less likely to drink everything

Makes perfect sense, there is a huge Budweiser and Corona brewery in Idaho Falls (prime mormon country) less likely to drink everything
Yeah, I’m not sure what the licensing position is in Idaho, but in Tennessee the default position is that retail sales of alcohol are prohibited across the State, with counties being permitted to operate outside that restriction if the local will of the people wishes it so. Nashville, for example, is a pretty boozy place, as was Chattanooga when I visited and had one of the best afternoon piss-ups of my life (no mean feat btw - plenty of competition!)

Can’t imagine the job of a licensing attorney in Idaho is an especially challenging one, relatively speaking!

Yeah, I’m not sure what the licensing position is in Idaho, but in Tennessee the default position is that retail sales of alcohol are prohibited across the State, with counties being permitted to operate outside that restriction if the local will of the people wishes it so. Nashville, for example, is a pretty boozy place, as was Chattanooga when I visited and had one of the best afternoon piss-ups of my life (no mean feat btw - plenty of competition!)

Can’t imagine the job of a licensing attorney in Idaho is an especially challenging one, relatively speaking!
I’m sure you’re right, even though there is a large uptight Mormon population, the liquor laws are very lax. Our neighbors to the South however, not so much

I’m sure you’re right, even though there is a large uptight Mormon population, the liquor laws are very lax. Our neighbors to the South however, not so much
I had to get me map up to see who your neighbours were to the South, and I thought I was good at Geography!

Only cocktail drink is a Mojito on occasion if in a 2 for 1 bar and whoever I'm with is having the offer. I am quite regularly disappointed but to be fair it's bottom of the market stuff.

The only super ones I've had are at our regular hotel we go to in Rhodes but that's probably due to 'mates measures' and the fresh mint he picks from the garden.

Tried others but there's nothing that really seems to hit the mark.

Only cocktail drink is a Mojito on occasion if in a 2 for 1 bar and whoever I'm with is having the offer. I am quite regularly disappointed but to be fair it's bottom of the market stuff.

The only super ones I've had are at our regular hotel we go to in Rhodes but that's probably due to 'mates measures' and the fresh mint he picks from the garden.

Tried others but there's nothing that really seems to hit the mark.
That’s what I’ve thought, just can’t seem to find one I really like. But then I’ve only ever tried a Mojito or Piña Colada.

Although I have had and liked an Espresso Martini.

There are some suggestions here that I’ve never had.

Think I’m going to give the following a go:
Long Island Iced Tea
Old Fashioned
Negroni
Vodka Martini
Americano

I want to find “my drink”!

I’m a Guinness drinker and usually move on to spiced rum and coke in the Winter and gin and tonic in the Summer. But I want something a bit more exciting and substantial, grown up even, for my end of night drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for the Long Island iced tea, hits the spot every time especially if you get the premium shorts and not the bars own shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.