COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Professor explains more about his views on a second wave here

Also, it is a ghetto of Victoria where the virus has spread fast. These tower blocks with lots of poor peole living close together seems to be ideal ground for spreading the virus. Some of the residents may share transport and work together too.

Get the impression some people want a second wave in order to be proved right.

Not sure what it’s like elsewhere but I went to the hairdressers the other day where all staff are wearing visors, customers have to wait outside and hand sanitizers are everywhere. But there’s a lot of hairdressers/barbers in my area and I walked past one earlier where you could see they were not wearing visors at all.

Not exactly the most interesting of topics but there are a few shops that are not following guidelines.

I just think we need to keep taking precautions and keep our fingers crossed that local outbreaks are managed effectively through test, track and isolate, to minimise the risk of a second wave.

Getting the economy up and running again is always going to include a level of risk but it’s essential to saving people’s jobs and livelihoods.

Just for reference, this is what happens when we're not careful.

- 1st wave = 24th march through to mid April.
- mid April through to end of may "controlled", roughly the same levels we are at now.

Florida.png

Not sure what it’s like elsewhere but I went to the hairdressers the other day where all staff are wearing visors, customers have to wait outside and hand sanitizers are everywhere. But there’s a lot of hairdressers/barbers in my area and I walked past one earlier where you could see they were not wearing visors at all.

Not exactly the most interesting of topics but there are a few shops that are not following guidelines.
It's very patchy, shopping/driving in Oldham it's spot the mask.

I was in Didsbury yesterday afternoon and it was 60/40 at least with masks.

Scotland update. 0 Deaths. 6 new cases. Just 9 in ICU. Only 3 have confirmed Covid. 121 less in hospital than yesterday.

Scotland have advantages over England in terms of population spread. But they really have handled this in a good way.

They believe there are only now about 1000 infected people in Scotland out of a population of 5.5 million.

Last edited:
It's very patchy, shopping/driving in Oldham it's spot the mask.

I was in Didsbury yesterday afternoon and it was 60/40 at least with masks.
Was in Didsbury yesterday as well and it was more like 1 in 10 had a mask. Most people don't get out of your way when walking and are looking at their phones as you try to navigate past them. Groups of people not social distancing, it was a nightmare. Nipped to Costa and a woman was pointing out to people to stand on the floor marking. One lady aged around 60 decided to then move off her spot only to be told to get back on it. Her response was say that she was just checking if the Costs employee was looking and then laughed. FFS we are still in a pandemic and people who should know better are behaving like it's some sort of big joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.