The death of VAR

The PL rushing out to note a chronic error in each game spoke volumes, and looks absolutely terrible. It suggests the refs have gone rogue, and the PL aren't doing anything to deal with it, or have accepted it. And PGMOL are paid for by the PL. Where is the condemnation of the refs by the PL, and statements of fixing it?

VAR next year will be overseen by FIFA, so screens will be used because that's the rule, a rule that Riley has decided not to bother with.

That fucker should be removed without delay ( although the PL/FA will have another rag/dipper selected candidate lined up no doubt ) .

With one person - the ref we had a small chance of a small amount of bias towards their favourite team.
I think those chances increase when MORE people are brought into the decision making process.

IMO VAR is the problem, not the rules, there will always be an 'interpretation' of the rules. And it should be ONE person making those decisions.

And clearly visible on screens .

People on here called it out before it came into operation, saying it will be used to influence games and they were right.

Last season was one of the most corrupt ever, how many offside goals did the Dippers get and everything was set up for them to win the title. However our 14 game winning run pipped them and we saw a few dodgy decisions go against us during that run also. So Var enters the scene and we could tell after a few games how that was going to go this season. I think the Dippers have had 1 marginal offside incorrectly against them v Villa away but had dozens of calls in their favour, not to mention the soft and cheap free kicks for dives. The title all wrapped up, Var moves to stage 2.

Now its Get Utd into the top 4 at all costs operation. Luckily supporters of other teams are now seeing it as it is with Twitter full of Varchester United, Penalty FC threads last night and lots of mentions of corruption.

Scudamores comments, Dippers and Utd consulted over new PL chief, PL dropping FFP wages increase costs quietly when Utd needed it for bumper contract renwals and huge transfer market spends, official appointments, 25 penalties in 2 years, Laughable penalty decisions which Moss has given them 3 in the last 2 PL games he has officiated, one so bad even VAR overturned it, soft free kicks for clear dives around the box, Dippers and Utd seemingly almost invulnerable to getting cards we would get without hesitation, the constant media love in with both of them, its all there to see clearly.

VAR decisions like last night are not errors. Don't forget there are VAR and Assistant VAR officials and your telling me that both of them on close inspection could not see Moss made an error, give me a break. Its like when we had a blatant one turned down at Bournemouth when Silva was fouled, clear as day on replay. Var did not give it and PL reponse was "we will learn from this". 2 PL officials on VAR don't think that was a penalty and they will learn from it, they chose not to give it.

Var is a good tool but you have useless officials now in charge of VAR so nothing has improved really bar its a tool to suit the PL needs.

Ref gives a penalty which is a mistake. Given on who the team getting it is, VAR can easily ignore it saying it was not a clear or obvious error or can overrule the ref and tell him he got it wrong. 2 Outcomes from the same incident depending on who the officials/Var team is and the team benefiting from the decision.

Var is simply a load of shite
Firstly it is ruining offsides, they can make the lines suit the decision. The longer it takes the more they seem to be doing this. They also use a camera that is not level with play most times to draw lines, so there is no chance they are right
Secondly the first thought in the VAR refs mind is how he can back up his mate, not is the decision correct. Take last nights penalty or TAA handball at anfield. If the ref gives it the other way there’s no chance they overturn it
They don’t check goalkeepers are on the line for penalties
At the start of the season they wouldn’t give any penalties, then they changed their mind
They don’t check the monitors
Basically what I am saying is that it has been an absolute failure in every way possible. The people running it are absolutely clueless.
What was the standard reply at Nuremburg?

I understood that the reason VAR was introduced was to correct clear and obvious errors and get decisions right. VAR gets decisions wrong. So what is the point of it?

Are there any stats to show objectively how many decisions VAR has got wrong and how many correct. Or how many decisions were correct pre and post VAR?

VAR does not improve the game for the fans or most clubs. It brings the game into disrepute as it appears to be more corrupt than ever now.

I think the best way forward would be to appoint a whole new slate of referees, make them declare their allegiances to premier league teams (no more pretending they support Oswestry Town or whoever) and then for Parliament to make it a statutory offence, punishable by imprisonment, for them to accept bribes or inducements.

Because I have zero confidence in the present set-up - which is obviously bent - and VAR is just another tool that can be corrupted.

Most club forums have a VAR thread with most people moaning about it .

Two clubs have a lot less angst about VAR on their forums and hardly talk about it, nor in negative "get rid of it" ways - utd and LFC.

I think there is a groundswell of people seeing what is happening, surely the footballing media will have to do some major investigative reporting on it. Get some of the stark stats we're seeing and report on it, demand changes.

The clear and obvious error is allowing Moss anywhere near a football field. Three penalties to the same team ( one overturned) in the space of one hour over two games. Incompetence or something else?

People on here called it out before it came into operation, saying it will be used to influence games and they were right.

Last season was one of the most corrupt ever, how many offside goals did the Dippers get and everything was set up for them to win the title. However our 14 game winning run pipped them and we saw a few dodgy decisions go against us during that run also. So Var enters the scene and we could tell after a few games how that was going to go this season. I think the Dippers have had 1 marginal offside incorrectly against them v Villa away but had dozens of calls in their favour, not to mention the soft and cheap free kicks for dives. The title all wrapped up, Var moves to stage 2.

Now its Get Utd into the top 4 at all costs operation. Luckily supporters of other teams are now seeing it as it is with Twitter full of Varchester United, Penalty FC threads last night and lots of mentions of corruption.

Scudamores comments, Dippers and Utd consulted over new PL chief, PL dropping FFP wages increase costs quietly when Utd needed it for bumper contract renwals and huge transfer market spends, official appointments, 25 penalties in 2 years, Laughable penalty decisions which Moss has given them 3 in the last 2 PL games he has officiated, one so bad even VAR overturned it, soft free kicks for clear dives around the box, Dippers and Utd seemingly almost invulnerable to getting cards we would get without hesitation, the constant media love in with both of them, its all there to see clearly.

VAR decisions like last night are not errors. Don't forget there are VAR and Assistant VAR officials and your telling me that both of them on close inspection could not see Moss made an error, give me a break. Its like when we had a blatant one turned down at Bournemouth when Silva was fouled, clear as day on replay. Var did not give it and PL reponse was "we will learn from this". 2 PL officials on VAR don't think that was a penalty and they will learn from it, they chose not to give it.

Var is a good tool but you have useless officials now in charge of VAR so nothing has improved really bar its a tool to suit the PL needs.

Ref gives a penalty which is a mistake. Given on who the team getting it is, VAR can easily ignore it saying it was not a clear or obvious error or can overrule the ref and tell him he got it wrong. 2 Outcomes from the same incident depending on who the officials/Var team is and the team benefiting from the decision.

Good post @hertsblue - corruption is the clear winner in this sham ( along with the rags/dippers obviously )

Most club forums have a VAR thread with most people moaning about it .

Two clubs have a lot less angst about VAR on their forums and hardly talk about it, nor in negative "get rid of it" ways - utd and LFC.

I think there is a groundswell of people seeing what is happening, surely the footballing media will have to do some major investigative reporting on it. Get some of the stark stats we're seeing and report on it, demand changes.

The footballing media whores are not going to risk upsetting the favoured two though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.