UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
You can’t handle the truth !

Thing is, and I don’t doubt that the information posted is posted in good faith but just imagine, for a minute, that the word City was exchanged with United. The potential revenue implications of thIs are huge and I don’t think that they’d be allowed to sit on that knowledge for a week, a weekend or even a day, had it been known to them. I’m sure they would be obligated to tell the NYSE as soon as as they were made aware, given the likely positive/negative effect on their share price.
Good point. It is certainly share sensitive when you consider our sponsors and other firms which have strong links with us. In my experience the usual protocol is that both parties are informed a couple of days before so they can prepare statements etc. My money would be on City and UEFA getting the formal news today with a public statement from CAS on Monday mid morning (ie after the markets open here). If it doesn't leak from UEFA over the weekend it confirms a positive outcome for us. Fingers crossed.

Good point. It is certainly share sensitive when you consider our sponsors and other firms which have strong links with us. In my experience the usual protocol is that both parties are informed a couple of days before so they can prepare statements etc. My money would be on City and UEFA getting the formal news today with a public statement from CAS on Monday mid morning (ie after the markets open here). If it doesn't leak from UEFA over the weekend it confirms a positive outcome for us. Fingers crossed.

It is an excellent point being made. We may not be listed on an exchanges, but some of our investment partners are, most notably, Silver Lake?

An early leak would surely have a huge implication for them if it were a negative outcome. Investor confidence would certainly see a price reaction for a firm that has invested £470m of its own capital.

I meant real ones, not jerks like Miguel "I've got a degree in journalism don't you know' Delaney or Neil 'Fuck it, I'll make something up' Custis.

Well with resect to the stuff we see from Delaney at al, the pass mark for degrees in journalism can't be much above the level of GCSE's .

Last edited:
Rick Parry was part of the board investigating us, he's now in charge of the EFL and presumably no longer part of the FFP investigation unit. Is it pure coincidence that there have been no further leaks?

And yes, this is the same Rick Parry who served on Livarpool*s board for 11 years as CEO, is an acknowledged Livarpool* fan and is even on the board at New York Cosmos. He's also the one who engages with random Wigan fans and makes dumb statements while being secretly filmed.
Agreed. And I would add he worked as a "security" consultant for the Qatari regime during their world cup bid and New York Cosmos were one of the organisations which opposed the stadium plans by CFG for New York City FC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.