UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should ignore your last paragraph as guesswork . You disagree with Ian’s post and that’s fine but trying to stick the knife in with comments like “fall from grace” seems a bit excessive to me. Ian doesn’t need to add anything to his tweet if he is right?

The last paragraph is guesswork, yes, but the point I was making is that such guesswork is no less valid than a tweet saying "sounding like", "from what I'm hearing", and "nothing confirmed yet". It's almost as bad as "sources say". Most noticeably he has given himself a get-out clause in case it is wrong. Why should we attach any weight to it at the moment?

Secondly, you're a sensitive soul if you think I'm trying to "stick the knife in". Perhaps you should quote me properly and include the bit where I say "relative". I wouldn't even call it "excessive" to say that his acrimonious departure from the BBC and now from City (not necessarily acrimoniously) represents a relative fall from grace.

Lastly, I disagree with the notion that he doesn't need to qualify his remarks further. People are rightly anxious about our fate over what is the most important issue the club has faced in recent times. This isn't just some harmless transfer speculation. If he's going to make himself the only person in the world who publicly comes out with knowledge of our fate then he needs to offer more.

I agree with Ahsan here, Ian's lack of follow up is completely crap. Seems like he took a punt and is hoping on Monday it comes out right. It's a classic gamble. On Monday no one will rememeber if we end up banned and that'll be the dominating theme and dealing with the fall out of that rather than calling out Ian.

The whole "not confirmed yet" part of his tweet is also BS. It's basically a get out of jail card within his own gambling tweet.

I'll wait for more concrete news/sources or the actual announcement in like 48 hours.
It’s very un-cheeseman like to stick his neck out, he spent to long at the BBC to take a punt, that could bite his arse For me he has been give a tip off for someone he deems reliable I guess as well that he would have also asked if he could share the info

Last edited:
Anybody relying on Friday's World Exclusive from Ian Cheeseman wants their bumps felt.

I'm honestly sick of reading this guys name. On Twitter the other day there was his regular flock of 20 followers demanding the club give him a lifetime 'press pass' !!!!!

He was sacked by the BBC. Had subsequent local radio shows cancelled. And has now had his 'match day vlogs' with City cancelled.

As sad as it is for the man, he is just too unfashionable for modern media. There is just not enough viewers or listeners interested.

There are wide scale redundancies across all media platforms. Do any other reporters having to rethink their careers campaign for a charity pass ??? Of course not.

And now he chooses to pull Friday's rabbit out of the hat which supporters desperate for good news latch on to.

I pray we are cleared on Monday, but Cheeseman's tweet was a desperate post from a desperate man which everybody should ignore.
I see why you have your name " prophet of doom"

Peps demeanour and the fact he's been allowed time and again to say he's very confident right up to yesterday... No leaks or even inklings from the media... Cheesy's tweet.... the fact that mysteriously reports have emerged that KDB is staying even if we lose (he knows we've won and is now saying he'll defo stay if we lose knowing he doesn't have to back that up).... The absolute deafening silence from UEFA...

These all tell me we've won

tbf I can imagine you as rumpole of the bailey

rumpole_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqigD1FP7dh-IbmJ01imzv7ExXZWDPUjwKjGRreZ9ixL4.jpg
I’m obliged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.