UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dodged or accurately and honestly answered?

I think I can see why you're struggling with some of the more complex arguments on here.

Oh blimey you must somebody really important. Have you made Bojo aware of how important you are and how you have the cure for COVID and all human ailments ? Just out of curiosity, based on you posts, do you have a head like the Mekon, you know to match your ego, the ego of a really important person?

Even so, Milan were reinstated to the competition, pending a review and further negotiations between the parties concerned. I posted it as an example because it establishes that the CAS has the authority to make a determination on the penalty and suspend further action until such a process can be completed. Not saying the cases are the same but some people have been arguing that CAS doesn't have jurisdiction in assessing the appropriateness of the penalty. This shows that in theory, that they do have that option and they can mandate an initial reinstatement. Any judgement on the merits or otherwise of the case is a separate matter for consideration.

The point is “CAS has to show reservation or restraint in evaluating whether a sanction is appropriate; the measure of the sanction imposed by a disciplinary body in the exercise of the discretion allowed by the relevant rule can be reviewed only when the sanction is evidently and grossly disproportionate to the offence” https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3944.pdf

If City are found to have breached again after a settlement there is no realistic prospect CAS will interfere. Especially not for such serious allegations.

Typical dickhead response. You are like Delaney, no debate, just you are right. If people don’t go with the majority they get shouted down on here. You have just demonstrated that.
Ooooooooooooooooo.You have hurt my feelings.I wont sleep tonight through all worry of having a big nasty slap on the wrists from BDW.
I`ll put you down as a flapper then.

Corrupt no. Certainly not in the “every level” sense you state which would completely negate the whole integrity of it as a sport and bring into question how City have won 4 titles and numerous other trophies in the past few years. I’ve no doubt there are some instances of corruption as in many industries and a particularly high level of money laundering but that’s quite different from the picture you paint.

Probably true... But then you see that penalty incident with United the other night and it does make you wonder. Taking into account VAR, that’s one of the worse decisions I have seen in a long time. It was just very strange.

In this debate about whether CAS might be corrupt, it's pretty clear institutional and judicial corruption is hardly a rarity these days. Sadly. Let's hope CAS is an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.