Will the hatred finally fire up our fans?

Eric Hitchmough

While the hatred towards our club is nothing new, it has intensified since yesterday's announcement.

We all love City but have at times been a passive bunch with the exception of derbies or Dipper games. Admittedly some of that can be attributed to being the victim of circumstance - design of the stadium, singers being split up etc.

Do we think the hate and bile being flung in our direction will be the rocket we need to become more consistently vocal (when we are allowed back in the ground)?

We all love City but have at times been a passive bunch with the exception of derbies or Dipper games. Admittedly some of that can be attributed to being the victim of circumstance - design of the stadium, singers being split up etc.
Regularly being 3, 4, and 5-0 up doesn't help much either.

I was thinking today about this season, how VAR was ruining my joy of City, how UEFA was ruining my joy of City, how the hateful 8 was ruining my joy of City, how the press/media was ruining my joy of City, how this most bent season ever was ruining my joy of City. I wasnt enjoying travelling up, I wasnt enjoying being at the match, I wasnt enjoying waiting 5 minutes to see if VAR had given the goal. I wasnt enjoying the away fans being around us. Well they can all DO ONE. !

But now i say bring it on my mojo is back, i couldnt give a shit what other fans think. Hopefully next VAR wont be allowed to pick the results. My love for my club and my City are now back this manc is now mad for it lol

CTID

While the hatred towards our club is nothing new, it has intensified since yesterday's announcement.

Do we think the hate and bile being flung in our direction will be the rocket we need to become more consistently vocal (when we are allowed back in the ground)?

I'll be honest, I've been a bit passive at times this season. VAR has subdued me and I have fallen out of love with the game. Since the resumption, I've watched our games but at times I've been a bit indifferent.

However....

After yesterday's verdict I feel completely galvanised and fired up. All of that tribalism has surged back into my conscience and I'm bouncing. The last two days have been sweeter than a lot of our cup wins. There is no better feeling than vindication. To arrive at the end of a long, hard road where your integrity has been questioned, your character has been defamed and you have personally been under fire for standing by your beleaguered club, and come out on top - that takes some beating.

The euphoria will die down and the dust will settle. The season will end and we will think about other things. But we must never forget that we were hunted for so long with very few friends beside us. We must never forget that eight clubs interfered in our affairs in a cynical attempt to undermine us. We must never forget that we are never far from poisonous elements.

Yes, I'm fired up alright. I want us to go after all those hateful tw*ts and make them wish they'd never bothered to try to undermine us.

No. A lot of our passive nature stems from what we see on the field. A large majority of atmosphere at football is generated from what you see in front of you on the pitch,if it’s a tight nervy game or if you see a hard challenge or a determined run the crowd react and it gets you up for it, we watch patient football with 80% possession and regularly smash teams into next week, it’s only natural we don’t get as up for it when that’s the norm and I wouldn’t change any of it.

If I am ever allowed in a stadium again i promise to be absolutely full of hatred.

Fans have always been fired up. Sadly some of us get told to STFU by stewards for being passionate as it offends the tourists waving their selfie stocks around during the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.