Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Don’t remember Kev having as bad a game as that in a very long time. Really did nothing all game and had no influence. When kev doesn’t tick we struggle and we have no one to pick it up if he isn’t.
Ever. I’ve never seen him play so poorly. I’ve never seen a world class player play so poorly.

I can’t quite believe how bad he was.

People moaning about Gundogan and Jesus, but the best player at the club was the worst on the pitch.

That was utter gash, Pep, defense, midfield and upfront. Another shocking performance. There have been far too many, Norwich, ManUre, Southampton...
You know it's another one of those nights but nothing changes and it plays out as we expect. Don't think Real Madrid will be worried having watched that.

Arteta has improved Arsenal. They had a clear game plan to stop the easy ball through from our defence and force us wide and managed it well. Their first goal was fantastically well worked and Aubamayeng was the difference between the teams. Much as I admire Jesus I think we are going to be weakened if we can’t find a deadlier striker.
As for us we didn’t seem at it except for a spell just after half time.

I love possession football but sometimes when it’s not working you have to have players who actually run at people and take them on to create the space and we are severely lacking in this area especially when playing with inverted wingers
Plan B?

They might have been negative and boring but credit to Arsenal for sussing out how to beat a much better team. Not helped by not one of our players bothered turning up today. Incredibly poor performance. As soon as the second went in I turned it off. Never done that before.

Garcia is a good prospect but not sure what positive you saw in his game today. We didn't have much defending to do but didn't look particularly convincing at any time.
I thought compared to his higher profile team mates he showed a lot more then any of them. He wasn't eye catching great by any stretch, but I was interested to see how he'd perform, I was happy to see the occasion wasn't to big for him. He wasn't at fault for either of the goals, the fault for those lie elsewhere. He should be a solid 3rd/4th option next season while he develops.

Need a LB, two CB's, a CM, left winger and a striker.

Not going to get all of that in the summer, which means expect more games like this next season.

Who needs a left winger when we have Sterling filling the position for the past 2 years !

I love possession football but sometimes when it’s not working you have to have players who actually run at people and take them on to create the space and we are severely lacking in this area especially when playing with inverted wingers
Diaby, Haaland, Torres Carnavinga... Athletism and aggrssive attacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.