Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

10 domestic defeats this year

11 - We lost to the rags in the semi 2nd leg too.

It could be Pep burnout. It has happened at Barca and Bayern. If he wants to stay longer than another year, we need a biggish turnover of our squad. 4 or 5.

Maybe. Agree with the 4/5 players whether he stays or goes and players who are getting complacent here need to shape up or be shipped out. If he won’t sign any longer than a year, I can’t see next season being much different to this. What is going to change between now and Sept?

All these players don't become poor overnight. A structured defensive system can cause our downfall, the arse did a number on us, there is room for improvement on our players but Peps system, although having brought us some breath-taking performances can equally bring us a big fall.

I know everyone is disappointed/fuming but this getting a bit ridiculous. We have a great team that have won most of the big games for us. This season has been disappointing but we finished 2nd and have won a trophy with the CL still available. We had a shit day today but turning on the players as if they are all shit is unfair. I'm sure there will be some changes coming but lets have a bit of perspective here.
Pep's motto is winning or losing, we always play. The problem is we didn't play the first half at all, the same like the game against Bournemouth, it's almost like everybody caught whatever form-out-of-window bug Bernardo has, ambling around like an automaton. It was obvious Pep gave them bollocking in the dressing room, they were running in the second half at least. But boy, that losing mentality has so firmly set in. it is going to be interesting to see how and whether Pep will be able to sort it out.

It could be Pep burnout. It has happened at Barca and Bayern. If he wants to stay longer than another year, we need a biggish turnover of our squad. 4 or 5.

Oh dear. If you understand football you would know that City winning every domestic cup year after year is not normal. Indeed, no other club had won 4 in one year.

It’s normal to occasionally lose at Wembley despite the fact we don’t do so very often !

How many times has a City side just not showed up at all in a major game? Not very often. Just accept this as part of football.

We'll strengthen in the Summer. Thank God CAS saved our bacon because there is some work to be done.

There isn't much more to be said other than to hope Chelsea beat Utd tomorrow.

Surely it's more than that -

Norwich (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Spurs (a), United (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (FA Cup), United (h LC).

I have it as 8.
I stand corrected, 8 it is. Surely Pep knows this given everyone else can see it. He's too soft, its like having a 10 year old girl playing mid.

I said weeks ago but Pep's Bayern scored a bunch of headers with Lewandowski and Muller arriving for crosses from Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Alaba etc.

Here he wants to score headers with Silva and Sterling?

did we ever see Mahrez scoring a header at City? we didnt and we never will imo.

Teams are happy to restrict us to high crossing because they fancy their chances more when its a tall defenders vs David Silva for a header simple as that.

We need to punish teams where they are weak not where they are strong.

Soo many times we are able to get into a packed box with the ball and we overplay it, one more trick, one more pass like trying to walk it in and 99% of times ball gets lost in the way without even a shot being made. Frustrating.

Hope new guy Lillo can bring different perspective to the team to maybe help a bit to Pep. He does not seem to be active from the bench tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.