Future Strikers

Lewandowski and Aguero were both in place when Pep arrived though and both worked very hard to impress Pep and make themselves work for the team. That's different to Pep going and buying them though, given a choice I think he'd have other ideas.
For what i's worth I could see a team similar to this next season though the names could change.

Ederson
Cancelo Koulibaly Laporte Mendy

Rodri

KDB Foden

Havertz
Sterling Jesus

If that's our full backs next season I'll eat my fucking hat. Both shite and nowhere near the standard we need.
Front 2 miss far too often as well.
Maybe the club don't plan on competing next season because that's what we'll be doing with that line up.

If that's our full backs next season I'll eat my fucking hat. Both shite and nowhere near the standard we need.
Maybe the club don't plan on competing next season because that's what we'll be doing with that line up.
If you like, think you’re wrong, besides it isn’t a front 2.

The problem I have with ditching Mendy and Cancelo is it suggests Txiki and Pep haven't a fucking clue about buying players. These two cost the best part of 100 million.

The problem I have with ditching Mendy and Cancelo is it suggests Txiki and Pep haven't a fucking clue about buying players. These two cost the best part of 100 million.

For the life of me I don't understand why we haven't at least tried 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, something along the lines of

------------------------------Eddie-----------------------------
------------Walker---------Garcia--------Laporte-----------
Cancelo---------------------Rodri---------------------Mendy
--------------Mahrez---------KDB---------Sterling-----------
------------------------------Aguero----------------------------

If we need to we need to whatever it looks like, however I don’t think we do. Cancelo has looked okay and think next year will settle into a regular starter with hopefully Koulibaly next to him. Left back Mendy has improved since Christmas and with a stronger back up or competition will either be a regular starter or back up to somebody else. Think having a strong centre back pairing will help both full backs. I also think we’ll rely more on the full backs for attacking width next year so Mendy and Cancelo both fit that bill better than Walker and whoever has played there this year.

For the life of me I don't understand why we haven't at least tried 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, something along the lines of

------------------------------Eddie-----------------------------
------------Walker---------Garcia--------Laporte-----------
Cancelo---------------------Rodri---------------------Mendy
--------------Mahrez---------KDB---------Sterling-----------
------------------------------Aguero----------------------------
One reason maybe until March we had no Laporte or stable centre back pairings and Mendy was being eased back in, think we may see it next season.

Every time someone mentions our need for a tall, strong striker who can finish we get the same response that “that sort of player doesn’t suit our play style” which is complete bollocks considering the number of time’s we hit hopeful crosses into the box for our midgets to try and get to.

We need a striker who has real presence in the box. Who can be used to break down the stubborn park the bus teams. The number of times this season I’ve watched Kev put in a beauty of a cross only for Gabby or Sterling to be unable to get on the end of it.

We don’t need another 5 foot nothing striker who is 4 stone wet through.
Strikers thrive with good quality 'early' service into the box. We don't have a single player who can deliver those crosses (on a regular basis) this season. Sterling and Mahrez both generally have to cut back inside onto their stronger foot to cross while De Bruyne and Mendy are generally crossing from too deep because of their starting position. The defending team has all the time in the world to get back into position, it makes the strikers job very difficult.

We need quick wide players to play early crosses in behind the defence before they have time to set themselves, like we did when we had Sterling on the right and Sane on the left. It's impossible to defend those balls, defenders are scared stiff of putting the ball in their own net and strikers have simple tap-ins.

it seemed we genuinely had an interest mate at the time. I think we need another striker as although Sergio will be back for next season, he can leave in a year and as we’ve already seen if he gets injured for a period time gabby isn’t clinical enough when we need goals? I fondly remember the options of aguero, tevez, dzeko and balotelli ! We had 4 strikers then all with different skill sets?
We also played with two strikers the majority of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.