City fans writing John Stones off too early?

If he could live up to his full potential, continually, - we would have possibly the best CB pairing in the world together with Laporte.
But... sometimes it just doesn't work out, and I'm sure he'll have a good career moving on from here (to Arsenal?).

Stones is a good footballer, who has many fantastic attributes expect one. Mentality - he was the first one in the pub after we won the league, he was the one in the Sterling party videos wasted whilst injured yet again. The guy plays like he's hungover these days and it could be true. He's fucked if he moves to London - it'll eat him up and spit him in no time at all. He'll be in the clubs every other night. Whatever the off-field problems are, maybe it all stems from him. Garcia owns him both on the pitch and off it.

Stones is a good footballer, who has many fantastic attributes expect one. Mentality - he was the first one in the pub after we won the league, he was the one in the Sterling party videos wasted whilst injured yet again. The guy plays like he's hungover these days and it could be true. He's fucked if he moves to London - it'll eat him up and spit him in no time at all. He'll be in the clubs every other night. Whatever the off-field problems are, maybe it all stems from him. Garcia owns him both on the pitch and off it.

I really hope Garcia surpasses what Stones has done for us but at the moment he might be trying to work a move back to Barcelona. I hope I’m wrong because Garcia has shown a lot of promise apart from being out of his depth against Arsenal at the weekend.

I’m disappointed that Stones hasn’t kicked on and maybe he should move on if the right offer comes in. I think Stones can still do a job for us if fit but he’s had a lot of injuries lately. The medics need to have input on what happens next for Stones. I would have thought Otamendi will be the first defender out of the door, given we’ve had his best years a while ago.

I really hope Garcia surpasses what Stones has done for us but at the moment he might be trying to work a move back to Barcelona. I hope I’m wrong because Garcia has shown a lot of promise apart from being out of his depth against Arsenal at the weekend.

I’m disappointed that Stones hasn’t kicked on and maybe he should move on if the right offer comes in. I think Stones can still do a job for us if fit but he’s had a lot of injuries lately. The medics need to have input on what happens next for Stones. I would have thought Otamendi will be the first defender out of the door, given we’ve had his best years a while ago.

i thought he had just agreed a new 40k a week deal at city?

If he could live up to his full potential, continually, - we would have possibly the best CB pairing in the world together with Laporte.
But... sometimes it just doesn't work out, and I'm sure he'll have a good career moving on from here (to Arsenal?).

i dont think arsenal could afford him. We'd be wanting upto near 20 mill for him surely.

Could be wrong, but didn't his girlfriend sack him off?

Not sure how true it is but I heard he sacked her off for someone else, and sacked some of her family who were employed by him for good measure!

Whatever it is, I don’t think it’s helped matters. You have to be fully focused to do well in Pep’s system. It’s a shame because like others I thought he would kick on in this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.