CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

It probably was him acting alone, and there are many cases of this where the target has been government(s) with all the cyber security precautions that entails. I don’t get the impression that hacking into any City information system was/is all that difficult, and I know of no other major, multi-million pound organisation where people leave their jobs and their log in credentials are not stopped, which is supposedly how Liverpool got in.

The story was that they obtained and used the log in credentials of a former colleague at City. Their own had been cancelled. Still woeful cyber security though.

The WarGames film wasn't real bud.

As said earlier, the scouts who left and went to Livarpool used a (still) current employees log in details. And yes, I've no doubt security could have been tighter.
I’ve no real idea whether states are involved in the football leaks or whether Pinto and his mates were just seeing what they could find, under guidance from the group of journalists who seem to to be sponsoring his work.

As a side issue, I never had a problem with him hacking City emails or any of the other stuff he’s accused of and, as such, am pleased that City didn’t ‘get off’ because the emails weren’t admissible but because they could prove they weren’t guilty. Let’s be honest, if he’d found hacked evidence of Liverpool and Utd agreeing to fix matches or some other such misdemeanours, nobody on this forum would have been calling him a criminal.

Whilst I appreciate that War Games wasn’t real, Gary McKinnon was, and he did a bit more than hack a few football teams....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.