If you could travel back in time...

Can I have 2 bites of the Cherry. Firstly back to 1885 to purchase the land that Anfield currently rests on and give it to Everton FC. Secondly to 1931 to persuade a certain J.Henry of Manchester that his money would be better spent than bailing out an ailing third rate football club.

The summer of 2003 was like no other. Every single morning we were linked with a new superstar. Ronaldinho, Nesta, Vieira, Henry etc. I was a young lad, and no social media back then, so I used get a quid, run to the cornershop every morning to buy 3 papers to study the back pages. I'd love to relive the thrill again.

I often reminisce about football in the 90's. If I could pick any era to revisit I'd go back to the year we appointed Glen Hoddle.

I'd like to see the Hungarian team in 1956.
Yeah, that was my selection. The Magical Magyars of the 50s, beating all and sundry with the false 9 tactic. Smashed England home and away. Beat Germany (was it 8 they scored?) in the group stages of the WC, then lost to them in the final. Mutterings of dark deeds by Germany, doping the Magyars.
Les McDowell copied the tactic to win 1956 cup final with Revie in the Hideguti role.
Later, this period saw England fielding such players as Matthews, Lofthouse, Finney, Wright, Edwards.
As a small boy, I saw City with Johnstone, Ewing, Trautmann etc.
Magical carefree days, long baggy shorts......jumpers for goalposts...

I'd have launched a personal pitch invasion and dropped Mark Robins just before he scored for Stretford v NFFC in an FA Cup game in 1990. What subsequently happened would be a completely different footballing history...

Has to be spurs 3 city 4 seeing them cu nts faces when Macken scored was priceless, bit tasty outside afterwards too fuck Spurs

The promotion season under KK.

I’d had a season ticket for the previous two years, but I spent most of the time between 1st October 2001 and July 2002 in Germany and France.

1930s.

Watching City with 75,000-84,569 in attendance on a regular basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.