Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

Unplayable at his best I would imagine his midfield opponents would have been in awe, made them look like children when he turned it on. His A game was better than any other city player I have seen.
He made our players look like that when he rocked up with Monaco in the Thomas cook trophy.
He was only seventeen.

One of the first "big names" that could see our project, and along with Merlin and Sergio put us on the map.Was so instrumental in the early victories and my raggy associates would all say "mercenary" "paid too much""those players only there for the money" and the classic" when your owner pulls the plug your club will be back where it belongs"etc etc. Who would have thought that all three of those players(along with Vinny,Zaba)would end up long serving legends at this great club.Now, ten years later City would go on to win the PL three times since the rags last did and break umpteen records in the process. Thanks Yaya for proving them all wrong, they have a young pretender in their team called pogba who often got compared to you,Lol, he cost four times more but you are four times the player he will ever be.Enjoy your retirement and all the cake you can eat(which is probably quite a lot), cos you deserve it for some of the best and most important goals of the last ten years. Oh, and fuck that bloody agent off too.

Always good to remember those games when things weren't going exactly to plan and Yaya would just calm everything down and say "don't worry guys, I've got this covered". Not quite (but not far off) the best player I've ever seen at City, but I'm hard pressed to think of a more influential one!

Surprised he's training, seemed from how he moved for the last 18+ months with us he didn't bother.
I was glad to see he's there to get fit before he goes back to China (and isn't gonna play for them) . Wouldn't like to see 37 year old yaya walking about league 2 getting done by no marks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.