Lesser known / Quirky records City hold

The 33 final also gave the English language a new phrase, the match was on the radio and to help the listeners they gave out sheets with squares on.
The commentator( a young Martin Tyler) pinpointed exactly where on the grid the ball was thus back to square one.
Now I might be making all of this up.
I also seem to remember Stan Horne's first 3 games were in 3 different Countries, Scotland, England and Wales. Not very exotic but notable.
The commentator a young Martin Taylor, funny.

Probably the only club in the PL to have their defence consistently berated by the so called experts when they have only conceded 3 goals more than the runaway leaders, with the highest number of ‘shutouts’ (16) and have a goalkeeper with joint most clean sheets (15) with one game to go in the season.

I can’t be arsed looking up years of stats.

I remember Swales saying we could be the very first PL winners as well when we were given the first Sky live game!

Biggest title winning margin 2017-18 by 19 points over...errrm...the name escapes me at the moment
Narrowest title winning margin 2011-12 by zero points and better GD of 8 goals over...errr, sorry, again not sure, must have been some insignificant team.
Didn’t arsenal win by goals scored in 1989?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.