Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

One of the first "big names" that could see our project, and along with Merlin and Sergio put us on the map.Was so instrumental in the early victories and my raggy associates would all say "mercenary" "paid too much""those players only there for the money" and the classic" when your owner pulls the plug your club will be back where it belongs"etc etc. Who would have thought that all three of those players(along with Vinny,Zaba)would end up long serving legends at this great club.Now, ten years later City would go on to win the PL three times since the rags last did and break umpteen records in the process. Thanks Yaya for proving them all wrong, they have a young pretender in their team called pogba who often got compared to you,Lol, he cost four times more but you are four times the player he will ever be.Enjoy your retirement and all the cake you can eat(which is probably quite a lot), cos you deserve it for some of the best and most important goals of the last ten years. Oh, and fuck that bloody agent off too.

I thought he did fuck him off.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/yaya-toure-splits-controversial-long-18896354

CcZ2e_hXIAAx0Ae

If Yaya did this years ago instead of waiting until his reputation was fatally damaged then he might still be playing at a decent level somewhere. Most clubs wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole because of the baggage that Seluk would bring

Yes, I know and I agree. I was merely responding to Blue_eyes saying it in the present tense.

In terms of pure ability, you could argue he's the best ever. It's such a shame really that, despite his brilliance, he isn't quite at the level of Kompany, Silva and Kun in terms of overall legacy at the club. In light of Silva's departure, a lot of talk is how he carried himself off the field and the lack of ego he had. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the birthday cake incident and him trying to engineer a move away under a false pretence. It's such a shame for a player of his ability and his importance to us to have hurt his legacy like that.

In terms of pure ability, you could argue he's the best ever. It's such a shame really that, despite his brilliance, he isn't quite at the level of Kompany, Silva and Kun in terms of overall legacy at the club. In light of Silva's departure, a lot of talk is how he carried himself off the field and the lack of ego he had. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the birthday cake incident and him trying to engineer a move away under a false pretence. It's such a shame for a player of his ability and his importance to us to have hurt his legacy like that.

Agreed and even worse than that was basically accusing Pep of being racist. Amazing player but utter tosser

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.