Etihad sponsorship

I wouldn’t completely write off Etihad just yet. The airline industry has been in dire straits for years - in need of consolidation etc. Flag carriers and national government pride - together with state subsidies and the cynical use of Chapter 11 by US airlines have distorted the airline industry. Going forward some players will go to the wall and the future will rest with those airlines that can operate at the lowest cost - and in practical terms that will be those with the cash to buy the newest fleets because fuel is an airlines biggest cost. Etihad can be a player because they can put the right structure in place to be competitive very quickly, something that Lufthansa, BA and Air France cannot do.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Etihad's business was relatively weak even before this and the entire industry is in existential crisis mode right now. Demand isn't forecasted to get back to normal by 2022/2023 and they're cost cutting all over the place.

I can't speak to the state sponsored side to it (ie: the things they do because they have to) but from an economic perspective it makes absolutely no sense for them to renew. The optics would be pretty awful also if they got bailed out then signed an improved deal with us.
On the other hand Etihads business will not improve by saving on the PR. They need the visibility more than ever to win more customers.

I wouldn’t completely write off Etihad just yet. The airline industry has been in dire straits for years - in need of consolidation etc. Flag carriers and national government pride - together with state subsidies and the cynical use of Chapter 11 by US airlines have distorted the airline industry. Going forward some players will go to the wall and the future will rest with those airlines that can operate at the lowest cost - and in practical terms that will be those with the cash to buy the newest fleets because fuel is an airlines biggest cost. Etihad can be a player because they can put the right structure in place to be competitive very quickly, something that Lufthansa, BA and Air France cannot do.
Chapter 11 is that old or New Testament, as I can’t find it?

Etihad have done a lot of amazing PR over the covid period, and spending a lot of cash upgrading aircraft interiors etc.

They have cash rich backers and may see the current situation as a great chance of a revival with so many other airlines failing.

#ManCity's long association with Etihad is set to continue beyond the upcoming season. The 10-year partnership agreed in 2009 is set to go past the initially announced 2020/21 campaign and City are hopeful the relationship is prolonged further. [
@Jack_Gaughan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.