Are you a rock snob?

They all simply merged into one band - Radio 1 staple diet in late 70's early 80's along with Rainbow, Whitesnake and other American poodle rock..... Couldnt tell the difference at all.
Then The Smiths came along and once more life was worth living once again....
Fuck me the smiths and that boring prick morrissey,rather have my ears chopped off than listen to that crap ..

I like Bon Jovi all the way to Rammstein via Kiss.

Rock is rock. By far the best genre of music. In my opinion.

Fuck me the smiths and that boring prick morrissey,rather have my ears chopped off than listen to that crap ..
tenor.gif

Got bored with Rock music early eighties. It's just all rehashed boring shit imo.
Everybody wants to be the next big thing.
They may dress it up differently but its boring. I still like some of the old stuff I guess. But rarely listen to it.
Ive played a lot of Rock music in bands but even that is now boring.
Most songs have about 6 chords and that's it.
Other forms of music are much better and more interesting imo.

They all simply merged into one band - Radio 1 staple diet in late 70's early 80's along with Rainbow, Whitesnake and other American poodle rock..... Couldnt tell the difference at all.
Then The Smiths came along and once more life was worth living once again....

“Poodle rock” lol. Wounded by Guns ‘n’ Roses, except they were drunken buffoons, then killed by Nirvana using weapons built by The Pixies.

To me, rock snobbery begins with a distaste for prog rock along with unrestrained displays of musical show-off-ery, pompous lyrics not out of place in a Dungeons and Dragons game (with apologies to certain Zeppelin songs) and rampant misogyny. A lot of Poodle Rock meets this last criteria; a lot of King Crimson, Rush, ELP and Yes meets the first and/or second criteria.

Rock snobbery also requires an affinity for at least a few of the following bands: Velvet Underground, MC5, New York Dolls, The Ramones, early Talking Heads and Television. It’s fine to like if not outright love the Sex Pistols, Wire and The Clash as long, says the snob, as you admit they all owe a debt to The Ramones.

Also, you are required to think The Beach Boys “Pet Sounds” revolutionized music as much as if not more than Sgt Pepper.

I like either some or all of the music by all of these bands. However, I am probably a snob simply because I think I know what snobs would like and not like.

I am probably not a modern day snob in that I detest Radiohead so much that I would chase the band members off my property with a shotgun if they showed up (and I owned one). I do like Sonic Youth however.

Last edited:
all I can see here is people liking the same, 2 blokes twanging guitars, a drummer and a bloke that really cant sing too good, just look at all the named bands they are all the same....shyte

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.