Are you a rock snob?

The best documentary ever on Bon Jovi (and shows that despite being mega-stars, they don't take themselves too seriously):

When I first buggered off to backpack around Europe I had Slippery When Wet on a tape that I played on a ferry from Portsmouth as England disappeared into the hazy channel air.

"Wanted, Dead or Alive" blared out as I stared at my previous life. That album reminds of that time. Can't hate it.

Not up on my terminology - what the f#ck is poodle rock? :-)

Do I need to start reading NME again?

Poodle rock...anything American with fluffy hair and spandex pants, plus Def Leppard.

edit...as above plus Whitesnake. Just confirming MESs reply in the above post which I didn't read in my childish eagerness.

Is Drill considered to be music? If it is then I'm a music snob because Drill is a mountain of shit.
Punk, Reggae and Soul are the dogs nuts for me. And The Smiths obviously.

When I first buggered off to backpack around Europe I had Slippery When Wet on a tape that I played on a ferry from Portsmouth as England disappeared into the hazy channel air.

"Wanted, Dead or Alive" blared out as I stared at my previous life. That album reminds of that time. Can't hate it.

Totally get it. We all have songs or records like that. Can't ever listen to "Here At The Western World" by Steely Dan without thinking of driving at 3 AM in the southern Cal desert to pick up a friend from the train station, or "Up the Junction" by Squeeze without thinking of a girl I dated in high school.

Totally get it. We all have songs or records like that. Can't ever listen to "Here At The Western World" by Steely Dan without thinking of driving at 3 AM in the southern Cal desert to pick up a friend from the train station, or "Up the Junction" by Squeeze without thinking of a girl I dated in high school.

I have some weird ones. "Temple of Love 1992" by Sisters of Mercy because it was always on in a London club that me and my best mate went to. A great song for stomping around the dance floor staring at hot goth girls.

Gary Glitter, Leader of the Gang, was on a radio as I sat on the steps of a club house clutching the hand of the "girlfriend" whilst watching my old man batter people playing hockey. We were both 6 or 7.

There's a decent thread in here somewhere...

I have some weird ones. "Temple of Love 1992" by Sisters of Mercy because it was always on in a London club that me and my best mate went to. A great song for stomping around the dance floor staring at hot goth girls.

Gary Glitter, Leader of the Gang, was on a radio as I sat on the steps of a club house clutching the hand of the "girlfriend" whilst watching my old man batter people playing hockey. We were both 6 or 7.

There's a decent thread in here somewhere...

"Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart when I was 11 or 12 and had just started listening to pop radio! It's really remarkable how such things bring back memories.

Why stop at rock? Let's extend the snobbery to other forms of music please and stop with this rockist nonsense.

That album reminds me of the time I went in the pub at the end of my street with my mates and moved a chair out of the way with a denim jacket and other crap on it into the corner by a radiator. I'd shouted across the pub asking who's stuff it was. No answer. An hour later the owner of the the jacket, a man I'd never met before came over picked it up and underneath it was a plastic LP bag hooked over the back of the chair. His eyes bulged as he saw said bag which had been pressed up against a very hot rad. He pulled the vinyl from the sleeve to reveal a shiny black poppadum shaped thing. Oh how we laughed...except him, he was fucking furious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.