Newcastle United takeover?

I recall Newcastle fans took it personally when we were taken over given ADUG did consider Newcastle. Apparently we were complicit in human rights abuses etc.

Then the Saudi's got involved. No questions asked by the Newcastle fans. All hunky dory. They are perfect people - the saviours.

Then Newcastle joined another eight clubs in trying to block City competing in the Champions League - made even more laughable considering Newcastle were fighting a relegation battle!

The whole thing is karma.

It's clear the Premier League don't want the Saudi's anywhere near the league which is understandable and the bad PR that will bring. They had no intention of passing the owner's test and just looking to frustrate the process in the hope they'd withdraw the offer.

I wonder if COVID might also have had an impact and whether the Saudis were deliberately not providing PL with sufficient clarity for the deal to proceed as the purchase value would probably be much lower now?

scum over on the Caf laughing their socks off about human rights, sportwashing etc then realised that they could be the target of this consortium if the Mall kings decide to sell .

scum over on the Caf laughing their socks off about human rights, sportwashing etc then realised that they could be the target of this consortium if the Mall kings decide to sell .
Apparently the consortium is stating that they are withdrawing due to the prolonged process and the uncertainty with the pandemic. Assuming that to be true I can’t see them bidding for United.

Apparently the consortium is stating that they are withdrawing due to the prolonged process and the uncertainty with the pandemic. Assuming that to be true I can’t see them bidding for United.
Easy to put that out as a statement, it may well be true but if the mall kings were to be thinking of cutting and running then you got to think they would be interested.

Does this mean we get to stay the baddies?

tenor.gif

Yeah, i didn't mind a bit of a shake up but after their actions the club can get stuffed. I feel bad for the fans but not the tossers in their boardroom.
Same for me, as much as I love winning the league I don’t want like the old “Sky 4” days.
Nothing wrong with some healthy competition.
Newcastle can “Do one” along with the rest of the hateful bastards.

I would have sypathy for them as money was going to pumped into the local community.

But after the CAS letter fuck em you reap what you sow

Spurs; Arsenal; Rag fans, now desperately hoping they move to buy them! After all calling for take over to be banned due to who the new owners were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.