COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
that doesn’t make any sense...

How is it not safe to visit another household - day my sisters, but it’s alright to go in an office with 20 other people

I agree with you, I guess meeting family or friends indoors doesn't result in taxes being paid. Same goes for work

Entirely of Johnson’s own making when he backed his advisors jaunt up north and his eye test driving bollocks .
Fuck all to do with it. If you go out, be it shopping, pub, whatever the place you go there are social distancing rules in place. Face masks, 2m apart, deep cleaning etc etc.

It would appear that when you are at home this is not happening leading to groups of people meeting indoors. My neighbour does it. My best mate has had people round all the time and he's 60 and type 2.

This is what it's aimed at. Not hard to understand really.

Well that last bit is not how it was framed, i take back what I said about just at home

If that’s the case why haven't they shut the pubs and restaurants then is no one can go in?

Would like to see the full government statement on this before believing this tweet.

I don’t really understand why the whole of greater Manchester has been placed under these rules. It’s pretty clear it’s certain areas where it’s spreading.

If you look at my posts over recent days it has been obvious for days that it was rising in many pars of GM - including areas like Stockport which have been at low levels throughout the pandemic.

If you read the figures it was necessary.

And the blame lies squarely on those who just partied as if it was all over rather than take baby steps into the new normal.

Now we know why the publishing of data today was so late. I knew it was strange.

But just asking is not enough. It has to be enforced by fines.

If you go in pubs they a meant for you to social distance as I when at work on transport and in any area that has lot people together you have to wear a mask. People going into other people houses mainly don’t wear a mask or social distance! This is why the rate a going up!
But I can meet people from different households in a pub, for example tomorrow night I’m going out with work, we work closely together at work, we don’t wear masks at work and certainly won’t in the pub.

Because certain sections of our communities aren’t doing what they are told and are causing rises, we all know who they are but they are fucking frightened to death of saying it, oh and it’s Eid tomorrow as well!

While there is clearly a cultural problem and certain areas with higher BAME populations have been hit quite badly, it's totally disingenuous to say its only that. Go to any pub and you'll see absolutely loads of groups of mates, who aren't of the BAME demographic, and definitely aren't from the same household, all together out drinking. That is still against the rules, but we all act like it's okay. It literally isn't in the rules. Yes, large parts of the Asian community may be meeting up in households in Rochdale or whatever, but most weekends groups of 6-8 white mates are meeting at a restaurants and hugging and laughing all sat on the same table. That's gonna spread it too.

Edit - I went here with my missus for dinner on Sunday. Mainly white, hipster kinda crowd. Ages between 20-50 i'd say. We were amazed how many large groups had just met up drinking together.

Zoom in to any of those photos. Groups *everywhere*. All leaning in cos the music was loud, all sat together for hours talking right at each other. It'll have the exact same affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.