COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So FB is now full (well at least my feed) of 'discussions' that the restrictions put in place by the UK govt is pure racism (I seem to have a fair few far left leaning friends). I get Eid is here but really...? Bingo time on there...
Facebook and Twitter are full of lunatics mate.

Even if the govt have done it partly with Eid in mind, they’ve done it for good reason.

If they announce a full lockdown on Christmas Eve, I’d be all for it. Because until we get a vaccine, any flare-ups will require restrictions or lockdowns being implemented.

Facebook and Twitter are full of lunatics mate.

Even if the govt have done it partly with Eid in mind, they’ve done it for good reason.

If they announce a full lockdown on Christmas Eve, I’d be all for it. Because until we get a vaccine, any flare-ups will require restrictions or lockdowns being implemented.

I would laugh my bollocks off if they lockdown for XMAS, its a pain in the arse anyway at a most shitty time of the year where anyone with any sense would not want to go out anyway.

All sections of society / communities that are spreading the virus need to up their game. I know that’s earlier said than done when you’ve got a situation like in Trafford where the spike is largely being driven by 16-25 year olds.

Some of the excuses made for the spread of the virus in the Asian community about language is a bit pitiful. Tue virus is by far the biggest show in town locally and globally. There are more realistic factors like several posters have mentioned about multi- generational families living together and people working together in factories and / or people travelling to work together etc
Some of my BAME colleagues are now, quite rightly, being prioritized for home working.
I don't understand this "we are being picked on" crap. You are either more vulnerable or you are not. Thought it would be bloody common sense not to have lots of households mingling in each other's houses, even without the latest Lockdown.

All sections of society / communities that are spreading the virus need to up their game. I know that’s earlier said than done when you’ve got a situation like in Trafford where the spike is largely being driven by 16-25 year olds.

Some of the excuses made for the spread of the virus in the Asian community about language is a bit pitiful. Tue virus is by far the biggest show in town locally and globally. There are more realistic factors like several posters have mentioned about multi- generational families living together and people working together in factories and / or people travelling to work together etc
I understood it back on 16th March. People who don’t speak English may not have understood what was going on, but it’s been 5 ½ months now, everyone on this island should be fully up to speed with what going on... and if they’re not - like I haven’t been in the past few weeks because I’ve been concentrating on other things more than Covid - I’ve kept myself in a strict lockdown of my own of just leaving the flat for food shopping and exercise, just in case.

There’s no excuse now, it was 137 days ago the PM and his MPs first started coming on tele about this.

I would laugh my bollocks off if they lockdown for XMAS, its a pain in the arse anyway at a most shitty time of the year where anyone with any sense would not want to go out anyway.
I’m a big kid, I bloody love Christmas and I like the Winter too... but I’d be more than happy to sit in my flat on my own and do my own Christmas dinner if the lockdown was required.

Which blows a hole in the blaming of Asians solely for the rise in cases , all communities have groups who are selfish dickheads .

I don’t think anyone’s blaming them solely for the rise in cases, but its clear as anything they are playing a big part in it. Just look at the areas.

As others have said go to areas in Oldham and other places and there is no social distancing, big get togethers and not many wearing masks.

It’s nothing to do with racism or not liking one group. All people need to start acting properly and start social distancing again. Large number of the Asian community are ignoring it

Last edited:
Strap in for the GM scoreboard today

Though it is good news for some and not for others.

Bolton 11 (up from 10) 202 over the month - 55 over past week - 31 over past 3 days Pop score 696.3 (will join 700 club this weekend)

Bury 0 (down from 7) 80 over the month - secures second spot - 29 over past week. Pop score 705.4 (Bolton on its heels)

Manchester 34 (up from 29 and new record daily number) 434 over the month - 185 over past week - another new record - 95 over past 3 days. Pop score 596.9 - has rocketed recently heading fast into the 600 club and so overtaken by a surprise candidate see below.

Oldham 19 (down from 29) 310 over the month - 135 over past week - 65 over past 3 days. Better number today but enough to tip it into the 900 club which only a handful of UK towns have got to. Pop score 900.2

Rochdale 10 (up from 7) 336 over past month (second only to much larger Manchester) - 63 over past week (half Oldham) - 28 over past 3 days. Pop score 847.3 - second worst but well behind Oldham still.

Salford 7 (down from 11) 156 over past month - 59 over past week - 29 over past 3 days. Pop score 571.1 Still lowest in GM

Stockport 7 (down from 12) 122 over past month - 63 over past week - after averaging under 20 for previous 3 weeks - 24 over past 3 days. Pop score 594.6 - clinging on to 500 club but after being behind Manchester for whole of pandemic on pop score Manchester today overtook it for the first time in 5 months. Showing more how badly Manchester is doing right now than how well Stockport currently is.

Tameside 11 (up from 8) 114 over past month - 45 over past week - 24 over past 3 days. Pop score 714.9

Trafford 11 (down from 14 and lowest in 6 days) - 77 over past week - 43 over past 3 days, enough to make it into the 600 club. Pop score 603.3

Wigan 2 (down from 5 and lowest in past week) - 70 over the month and still top in GM - 24 in past week - lowest total in GM over past week. Pop score 668.2.

All well and good and I’d love to spend a week on holiday in the U.K. but, I booked a week in Crete last December for the first week in September and unless it gets cancelled I’ll have to go as I’m not losing my money, if I could get it back I’d spend a week in the lakes or Devon/Cornwall. Not everyone books hols late, loads like myself book well in advance and are now stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.