Could we be playing in the Community Shield after all?

I see the Bin Dippers are possibly ducking out of the match on 29th. Klopp a total hypocrite too. They got the berth this season gone, by virtue of finishing 2nd. I wonder if same scenario again ? Personally, coming 6 days after a potential Champions League Final, I'd tell the FA where to shove it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cast-doubt-over-liverpools-22441084
Interesting to hear that Klopp treats it as a major final. Funny all the dippers saying it was a meaningless friendly when they lost in it to us

Pep says it’s a major trophy as well. At the end of last season when he kept being asked about his “Treble”, he was firm on saying we had won four trophies, not three.

I’d like to play in it anytime we get the chance to be honest. We did in 1972 when we’d finished fourth the season before, when Derby and Leeds declined to play in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the Bin Dippers are possibly ducking out of the match on 29th. Klopp a total hypocrite too. They got the berth this season gone, by virtue of finishing 2nd. I wonder if same scenario again ? Personally, coming 6 days after a potential Champions League Final, I'd tell the FA where to shove it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cast-doubt-over-liverpools-22441084
City could always field an ‘alternative’ team in the CS.

In any event City have been playing every three to four days since the restart and not far off that before the shut down. Six days would be luxury.

Can someone explain to a lazy bastard why the scummy twats are ducking out of it?

To give themselves an extra week to prepare for the new season. Same as they did with the cups this season. Ducking out because they know they can’t handle all the games.

And to date theyve been allowed to get away with it by the media and public opinion. Eventually you would hope that will stop, not holding my breath

It's a commitment that all clubs should have to respect. They know that winning the league means there is an obligation to play in this. I bet if the fans were allowed in they would play in it. There should be some sanction to not taking part, otherwise it can lead to all clubs picking an choosing what suits them. They will have had nearly 4 weeks off compared to our few days,so they should just get on with it

Pep says it’s a major trophy as well. At the end of last season when he kept being asked about his “Treble”, he was firm on saying we had won four trophies, not three.

I’d like to play in it anytime we get the chance to be honest. We did in 1972 when we’d finished fourth the season before, when Derby and Leeds declines to play in it.
I was at the 1972 CS match vs Aston Villa at Villa Park.
I cannot remember the final score but I can remember it was pandemonium outside after the game finished. Skirmishes and running battle everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.