Jimmy Wagg hangs up his microphone on Saturdays after 31 years

He said on the show last week that at the start of the season he told everyone at Radio Manchester that this would be his last season doing the show, confirmed it again today. Has done the show for 31 years without ever missing one Saturday which is something in itself. He is still doing a show on Sunday.
Jimmy has had his critics but I found him really good to listen to with his various catchphrases such as "Where would you rather be", "every egg a bird", " since Adam was a lad" and " On their own midden"

No way, it won't be the same without the sound of his voice.

Everything runs it's course, knowing the BBC they'll probably get David May to takeover from Jimmy Wagg.

I presume he's still doing his Sunday Morning slot on GMR?

I certainly hope so, one of the only decent things they have on there worth listening to now they've moved Allan Beswick to some stupid late night slot.

Short for "three pennies worth" in old pre-decimal money. Referred to the cost of a call from a coin-operated pay-phone back in the day.
I think it goes back further than phones as.my dear old gran used to use it along with two penn'orth and four penn'orth which seemed interchangeable when it came to saying your piece.
My little gran also used the expression for getting three penn'orth of sweets for us which came out of a big jar and put in a small conical paper bag.

It seems that Jimmy has made his last appearance on BBC RM today. Can barely remember a time he wasn't the voice of the station as far as City home games were concerned. Had the pleasure of appearing on his shows, both at the Etihad and the BBC studios at Oxford Road and Media City.

Be weird, when we finally get back to games, not to be driving home and hear Jimmy say "If you want to chat to me about the game, you've got 30 minutes left so don't hang about".
Is it because he’s suffering from “date of birth disease”?

I like Jimmy Wagg, seems like a friendly and fair sort of bloke.

The last couple of seasons it seems like GMR have completely changed their coverage, City barely get a mention in pre-match and it’s all about Rochdale and Bury.

With the culling of Ian Cheeseman and now Jimmy Wagg, I can safely say I’ll never be tuning in again. Not as any kind of protest, but I’ve only ever listened to that station for City coverage and they’ve seemingly decided to stop covering City.

Is this change in editorial stance related to Dan Roan’s ongoing war with the club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.