COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously people did care,the vaccine doesn't cover every strain,covid is not flu,it is a brand new virus that NOBODY IN THE WORLD has any immunity to,hence we have to protect ourselves the only way we can till a vaccine and medications can help us,it really is simple to understand the difference

the point is the response.

50k excess flu deaths so must have been what 80k flu deaths that year go on ons website to find out

no shutting down of fuck all, football open , economy open. Young people allowed to go out and get pissed and be youngsters and live . Barely a news story.

50k Covid deaths, can’t even visit family , go to football games , economy shut down. Businesses and livelihoods over and most importantly children not having 6 months of education. Be scared, be afraid.

that’s my point.

50k excess flu deaths so must have been what 80k flu deaths that year go on ons website to find out

no shutting down of fuck all, football open , economy open. Young people allowed to go out and get pissed and be youngsters and live . Barely a news story.

50k Covid deaths, can’t even visit family , go to football games , economy shut down. Businesses and livelihoods over and most importantly children not having 6 months of education. Be scared, be afraid.

that’s my point.
The majority of the population have immunity to flu,those figures were the worst in 40 yrs so well out of the norm,there is only 60,000 dead from covid because of the steps we have taken to protect each other,if we did nothing it would have half a million maybe more,i am so sorry that you have been inconvienienced

that’s my point.
And it's a completely valid point.

The majority of the population have immunity to flu,those figures were the worst in 40 yrs so well out of the norm,there is only 60,000 dead from covid because of the steps we have taken to protect each other,if we did nothing it would have half a million maybe more,i am so sorry that you have been inconvienienced

you think 500k would have died had we done nothing

Sweden , South Korea and Japan may have a different view .

I know you have had this and are still troubled by it and are a very good poster on here so I am not wanting to fall out with you . In fact it’s part of my away game match routine that I have to know the team from you so I will not be personal and leave it as opposing views . We can disagree can’t we , that’s still fine isn’t it ?

I hope you recover and I hope we all get back to bloody normal as soon as we can .

that’s my point.

I think we are in a better position now to have a better guess as to what the mortality rate would have been if we didn’t alter our behavior and create an infrastructure to facilitate those needing medical assistance so right now we’d be at say 150k - 200k - ( Brazil’s true death rate is probably close to this and that’s with about 60% of their people adhering to loose preventative measures) we also can’t quantify what the impact will be for the ongoing help that covid victims will need but a lot of early data suggests that this virus creates a lot more multiple organ damage than the flu.

But we are fast reaching the tipping point that if the vaccine option doesn’t work we will just have to take this on the chin as the amount of indirect fatalities, mental health issues, enforced poverty, domestic crime etc that a rolling lockdown policy brings can not be tolerated indefinitely for obvious reasons.

that’s my point.
I think the point is there would have been far more covid deaths had we not locked down.

A MAJOR incident has tonight been declared in Greater Manchester after coronavirus infection rates continue to rise - as mayor Andy Burnham calls for a return to shielding.

The number of people testing positive for Covid-19 have spiked in Manchester and Tameside, and there's been a sustained rise in Oldham

Speaking to the newspaper, leader of Manchester City Council Richard Leese said: "Although the council and partner organisations have been working closely to tackle the impacts of the pandemic since early this year, declaring a major incident means we can ramp this up further,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12294...eater-manchester-coronavirus-infection-rise/#

Last edited:
A major incident has been declared in Greater Manchester amid a rise in coronavirus infection rates.

Gold command meetings of senior figures from the police, local authorities and other agencies have been taking place over the weekend, according to the Manchester Evening News.

A statement to Sky News from assistant chief constable Nick Bailey, chairman of the Local Resilience Forum, said: "Recognising that there are multiple localities across Greater Manchester seeing rises in infection rates, the group reviewed learning from other recent areas, including Leicester, and its own learning from across the partnership, and have taken the decision to declare this a major incident in order to respond as effectively as possible

"This will enable us to maximise the capability of agencies across Greater Manchester, including additional resources if required, to instigate a prompt and positive change in direction.

"It is part of our desire to protect the population of Greater Manchester and provide them with the highest levels of assurance that agencies are doing all they can to reduce infection rates and bring Greater Manchester back to as near a state of normality as current times allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.