COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't give a fuck and think its gone away, people will also think that losing their social liberties is the Govt. taking control, people need to get a grip and show respect to this Chinese inflicted virus.... Health is wealth.

I think the point is there would have been far more covid deaths had we not locked down.

no the point is whether the response is proportionate

people die of cigarettes want to ban smoking ?

people die In traffic accidents want to ban cars ?

people die of alcohol want to ban alcohol ?

people die on bikes want to ban bikes ?

Your understanding of infectious diseases is severely lacking,you can't ban a virus nobody is immune to
Smoking has been banned in most places,everyone used to smoke 60 a day and passive smoking was massive for all of us
dying in cars is why seatbelts were brought in

Your understanding of infectious diseases is severely lacking,you can't ban a virus nobody is immune to
Smoking has been banned in most places,everyone used to smoke 60 a day and passive smoking was massive for all of us
dying in cars is why seatbelts were brought in

flatten the curve don’t let the nhs be overwhelmed and it wasn’t and isn’t

what’s the strategy now seems to be to stop anyone dying of it when people die of all kinds of shit

the govt needs to be clear what we are trying to achieve

Cases going back up in Ireland here too. A big part here is the government sending out mixed messages of what we should and shouldn't be doing.
Then again people have to be alot more sensible too.
Nail on the head, I take my own decisions as to what I do, love the Pub but will not be going in one until a vaccine is available. I wear a face mask when I go out and only go out when I need to. It's not difficult or confusing it's common sense.

Come on mate i know you are going through shit but preventative measures are taken on all those things you listed just like they are now with covid. The 2018 flu link you posted is flawed in regards to covid as well because those deaths were without any social distancing and lockdown measures and is also from late February so is at the end almost of flu season. Covid in the UK has so far been a spring/summer disease. Covid deaths in flu season with no measures would be at least 250.000 according to estimates and you know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.