Summer Transfers

Your dreaming if you think LB is not urgently required.

I also think we could lose a player than would shock a lot of people.

Oh i think its urgently required - Id say its no.2 priority behind centre back.

I presume you are talking abou Bernardo Silva (losing the player that will shock people) - not sure why people are saying this - losing him would be a huge mistake

Oh i think its urgently required - Id say its no.2 priority behind centre back.

I presume you are talking abou Bernardo Silva (losing the player that will shock people) - not sure why people are saying this - losing him would be a huge mistake
Agreed on Silva but I could see it happening IF we can get all out targets.

Your dreaming if you think LB is not urgently required.

I also think we could lose a player than would shock a lot of people.

LB has been 'urgently required' for as long as I can remember!

Our recent success has been achieved despite the fact our left back options have been pretty much shite the whole time.

Given we were trying for Alaba, and seem to be close to signing Ake, it looks like the profile we've been after this summer is a left footed CB who can also play LB. Alongside Mendy, Cancelo (who has played LB the last couple of games, and likely will against Madrid) and Zinchenko, I just can't see LB being prioritised this summer. It looks like there are other areas we want to concentrate on first.

I do think one of B. Silva and Mahrez is dispensable but not this season as our season has been meh and both of them had a pretty average season.
If B. Silva has a similar crazy season next as the one he had one year back let's sell him to Barca or madrid for 150 mil.
Then we can again spend some 500 mil and still win the net spend trophy as the scousers do this the Coutinho money.

Well I seriously hope we don't but push comes to shove he is one player who would fetch as real good money and won't make a dent on the first team like KDB Sterling Laporte or Ederson would do.

The plan for a striker is simple
BBuy one now but loan them back to their team for 1 year.

Edouard can be bought at a discount and loaned back to Celtics for next season. Then he can join next summer when Aguero heads home.

We shouldn't wait till the world knows we need a striker and everyone starts try to prove gouge us.

@salfordbluetrue we cannot have a 3rd striker. That's just a waste of position on a team that plays 1 striker. While I like Sterling on the wings, I like h.just as much at the top.

That plan for a striker has simple flaws A Edouard is not good enough, B FIFA are cutting down on loans, C Aguero will not last the season
We currently have 2 strikers for 1 position and 3 probably wingers for 2 positions with up to 60 games to play. Doku can play all 3 positions and would not take up a squad place while adapting to our style of play, Edouard can do none of these things, as for advertising who we need next season everybody knows we are after the best, will they move, will someone new come along who knows

That plan for a striker has simple flaws A Edouard is not good enough, B FIFA are cutting down on loans, C Aguero will not last the season
We currently have 2 strikers for 1 position and 3 probably wingers for 2 positions with up to 60 games to play. Doku can play all 3 positions and would not take up a squad place while adapting to our style of play, Edouard can do none of these things, as for advertising who we need next season everybody knows we are after the best, will they move, will someone new come along who knows
If the issue is who isn't good enough, then surely that disqualifies Doku. You sincerely don't think an 18 year-old kid just getting this feet wet on the 8th place team in Belgian football is somehow the right choice to come save us in the case of injury. Come on, let's get real.

You've made some good calls. This isn't one of them. Not to mention, your reasoning is all over the place. In one breath you claim you'd rather wingers play on the wing and strikers play striker. Yet you want us to go get an 18 year-old Winger to come serve as back up striker.

He has some potential. But he is barely scratching the surface at Anderlecht. No reason whatsoever to bring him in as a Striker. Maybe as a 4th winger. But why do that and stunt his development?

Edouard is a very good striker. And fits our mold. Great touch. Very good interplay and is good with his head and both feet. Don't know If he is technically at our level. But he is far superior to Doku.

FFS Doku isn't even a striker. He is a Sterling type player.

Your not making sense first yes we might not be after KK or whoever for right cb if we got Maguire but we would be after off we would be after Ake because he covers the left cb position. Second you have not explained how getting Maguire means Angelino is a success or Sane stays so we would be after a winger and possibly the left back midfielder and striker if the rumours about our targets are true

Right this seems to have come across wrong, not unusual for me. First Maguire, he is not the best out there but he is English and would have boosted our quota which is tight he can play left and right to a decent standard, Pep i believe wanted that 3 competent CB`s and youth to challenge for the 4th place, not getting Maguire meant Otamendi stayed, hence the buying of a Club trained player at LB, a position that was failing badly for different reasons, if we had a Foreign spot we could have got a top quality player, Angelino is a success for the money men, but as i said at the time, he is very good in a weak league, but not good enough for the EPL or us, i also said we need a back up for Sane but was told the usual rubbish that such and such can cover that.
Sones and Sane staying are not the point i was trying to make, it happens and hopefully we will buy younger with the potential to surpass, the point i was trying to make was Ottamendi and Angelino would not be here,with Bravo, Silva, possibly Zinchenko,Fernadinho and Gundogan leaving, who would we be spending big on We were primed up for a big hitter this summer before the Maguire gazumping and Covid which in hindsight Maguire did us a favour

I do think one of B. Silva and Mahrez is dispensable but not this season as our season has been meh and both of them had a pretty average season.
If B. Silva has a similar crazy season next as the one he had one year back let's sell him to Barca or madrid for 150 mil.
Then we can again spend some 500 mil and still win the net spend trophy as the scousers do this the Coutinho money.

Can you expand on your reasoning?

IMO Mahrez has had a fantastic season - as a winger he played 49 games scored 13 goals and gave 13 assists. I'd be interested to understand how that can possibly be considered to be 'meh'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.