Croatia

Going to Dubrovnik in a couple of weeks, can’t wait. Never been before so any recommendations on what to do/see would be much appreciated. Also, going to be there for the Wolves game so anyone know where’s good to watch football there, preferably near the old town?

When in Dubrovnik do not go to a restaurant called Konobar Famoz on a street called Prijeko as my wife had a third if her finger chopped off whilst there in June.

Turns out they are not insured and now we having to wait for our solicitors to fight the fight

Try get on a guided tour over to Montenegro - Kotor and Perast are a must see, beautiful scenery. Also, nearby Croatian islands of Lopud, Koločep and Šipan, all worth a visit.

I stayed in Cavtat which is just across the bay from Dubrovnik, I'd highly recommend getting the boat over there one evening for a family meal, the boat takes around 30-40 mins. Loads of nice restaurants and a beautiful harbour in Cavtat, just turn right when you get off the boat and keep walking. Would go back there in a heartbeat and it is loads cheaper and quieter than Dubrovnik.
Off to Cavtat in 8hrs time. Brilliant place, rebooked the moment we got back last year. Agree with everything you have said. Just avoid the old town on the days the liners are in. Nightmare!

Hi Ric,
Try and book a 1/2 day Tup Tup tour (like an electric rickshaw) the guys who run this give a great first hand account of the seige in the 90s and take you to off the beaten track locations reflecting the struggles in that period. Fantastic value, especially if you like a more recent history of the locality.

Off to Cavtat in 8hrs time. Brilliant place, rebooked the moment we got back last year. Agree with everything you have said. Just avoid the old town on the days the liners are in. Nightmare!

Very jealous, would love to take the Mrs soon. Have a great time, and enjoy the Ožujsko!

When in Dubrovnik do not go to a restaurant called Konobar Famoz on a street called Prijeko as my wife had a third if her finger chopped off whilst there in June.

Turns out they are not insured and now we having to wait for our solicitors to fight the fight

Sounds horrendous, how did that happen? If you don't mind me asking.

Went to a place called Amfora Restaurant, which was great. And Proto. Neither's cheap, but then nothing is in Dubrovnik.

Do a bungee jump off the big bridge just outside of town.

I'm looking at going to either Cavtat or Srebreno in September. Seen a couple of nice hotels for the me and the Mrs, idea is we have best of boths world by chilling near the sea/ pool then having a few trips in to Dubrovnik. Also open to a day trip to Montenegro (if we are allowed in by then).

I have seen some positive comments re Cavtat so I'm quite sold on there. Are the prices for food and drink a little less than Dubrovnik in Cavtat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.