Croatia

We stayed in Milini, in between Cavtat and Dubrovnik. A small village with a couple of bars and several restaurants and only a sort bus ride to Dubrovnik (or boat if you fancy it). Absolutely loved the place, you won’t be disappointed.

+1 for Mlini/Srebreno, we stayed at Srebeno end of this little area in the Sheraton. Perfect spot and as you say can get into Dubrovnik and Cavtat on bus or taxi boat for a change of pace/scenery. Very short transfer as well from airport. 100% will be back

Was the wall walk worth it? When i was there, last Oct/Nov they were looking £30 each....and it was me, Mrs and son.....wasnt gonna pay £90 for it!!!

Don't remember it bring that much! thought it was 15€. prob not at that much perhaps. yiu can spend a fair bit of time up there snd hop in a d off all day. but still a lot that

The airport is a bit out but after crossing the highway to go to zadar, which is fooking class. The old quarters are cool with the marina cool to hang out. not much boozers, just wining and dining al fresco. lots of pizza. the prominade is cool, better at night when the neon cosmos turns on , listen to the music of the waters. people are cool but be wary. lots of islands n stuff.

Cheers pal, that hotel is now on my shortlist.

How easy is it to get to and from Dubrovnik from that hotel/Cavtat? Looking to have a few days relaxing and not leaving the hotel but would also enjoy eating out and trying different bars in Dubrovnik.

very easy...there are nice boat trips that take you straight from the small harbour at Cavtat...straight into the old town of Dubrovnik...think its a 45min sail.....really nice. We did it a couple of times and got the bus back (as the return boat stops at a certain time)....you could probably get a taxi back as well....Cavtat isnt actually that far from Dubrovnik.

Good thing about cavtat is you are literally 10/15 mins from the airport

very easy...there are nice boat trips that take you straight from the small harbour at Cavtat...straight into the old town of Dubrovnik...think its a 45min sail.....really nice. We did it a couple of times and got the bus back (as the return boat stops at a certain time)....you could probably get a taxi back as well....Cavtat isnt actually that far from Dubrovnik.

Good thing about cavtat is you are literally 10/15 mins from the airport

Cheers buddy, last question.. are the taxis running late and are they reasonable from Dubrov to Cavtat? Hoping to enjoy the nightlife in Dubrovnik and not worry about getting back at a certain time etc.

Last edited:
Cheers buddy, last question.. are the taxis running late and are they reasonable Cavtat? Hoping to enjoy the nightlife in Dubrovnik and not worry about getting back at a certain time.

yeah, i believe they run late...didnt actually get a taxi, we just got the bus, a couple of people i was chatting to in the hotel said they just got taxis back and it was no hassle...plus we were only in the old town, so cant comment on the nightlife either im afraid.

yeah, i believe they run late...didnt actually get a taxi, we just got the bus, a couple of people i was chatting to in the hotel said they just got taxis back and it was no hassle...plus we were only in the old town, so cant comment on the nightlife either im afraid.

Topman, thanks for the help!

I'm going to book a few days before we go, too risky to book at the minute.

Is Cavtat a good option with kids? If not any recommendations?

Depends what your kids want and what age they are .... Orebic (north) is beautiful , great hotels and restaurants , fabulous beaches (most hotels have access to their own which are protected by netting ) but not a lot of nightlife (other than eating / chilling / drinking )

Depends what your kids want and what age they are .... Orebic (north) is beautiful , great hotels and restaurants , fabulous beaches (most hotels have access to their own which are protected by netting ) but not a lot of nightlife (other than eating / chilling / drinking )

Thanks and Orebic Does looks stunning (just googled it). Age is 10 so would want the usual; nice restaurants, nice chilled out atmosphere, bit of culture but somewhere that has a family vibe too (although not too busy).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.