It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deary me, i’ve watched City since the Bell, Lee and Buzzer era and Silva is the finest footballer ever to pull on the blue shirt, whilst Grealish is clearly a talented footballer your statement is the biggest load of fuckin shite i’ve ever seen posted on here and it’s had plenty of competition.
Interesting you say that. Unfortunately I started getting to games regularly when we had Kinsey and Melrose up front. I’ve seen that quality ramp up gradually with the likes of Ali Bernarbia through to today’s crop. For me, Silva is definitely number 1 and often wondered how he’d compare with the previous accepted all time greats. Some of the chaps near me give an honourable mention to Yaya as he did turn for the big games and turned us into winners (two x 1-0 Yaya goals at Wembley for our first trophy and taking charge of key games on the first title run in). But for me, I don’t care it’s definitely Silva as he had a style you couldn’t do anything about. The way he protected the ball in tight spaces and made room for a pass was se deliciously simple, yet I’ve never really seen anybody else do it.

I wouldn’t be so arrogant as to dismiss Bell, Lee and Summerbee as I never saw them in the flesh.

Spot on. Could say, in the same paper: Footballer who doesn't play for City did XYZ and it would be taken as gospel. Meanwhile, if exactly the same story appeared about Sterling or Foden, the paper would be full of rag supporting, untrained journalists who do their profession (if you can even call it that) no good whatsoever.

Totally agree.

I’d expect City fans to be the last set of supporters to believe the media perception of players when you consider the shit aimed at our lads.

Turns out some are just as blinkered as the Dippers and Rags when it comes to judging players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.