Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

Big day for Wigan as the outcome of their appeal against the 12 point deduction and hence relegation is announced. If they lose (I think they will) then it's hard to see who would want to take over a heavily loss making League 1 club with no match day income for the foreseeable future.

Big day for Wigan as the outcome of their appeal against the 12 point deduction and hence relegation is announced. If they lose (I think they will) then it's hard to see who would want to take over a heavily loss making League 1 club with no match day income for the foreseeable future.
Hope they lose and get a points penalty for next season too.

i have no love for wigan,but what has happened to the club re being bought then put straight into administration stinks of corruption of one sort or another,something isnt right
Yes it stinks. I suspect the new owner(s) thought they could pull a fast one and it has backfired.

or had a very large bet that someone would go down or someone wouldn't go down, it'll get brushed under the carpet, but it stinks of corruption to me

Defo something up with this deal. Basically changed hands between Chinese investors who are well in to gambling. We may never get to the bottom of the rationale but it seems some sort of betting angle was involved.

Defo something up with this deal. Basically changed hands between Chinese investors who are well in to gambling. We may never get to the bottom of the rationale but it seems some sort of betting angle was involved.
Betting,of some sort,is behind most corruption in football.
And its not gonna get any better anytime soon,what with fans prying eyes banned from the ground,var room decisions in total secrecy,bent refs,dodgy owners,greedy agents,selective tv action replays,
Even the most blinkered football fans now accept that Football is basically corrupt.
How many more Wigan type scenarios will we see over the next few seasons..?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.