Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Following on from the new north of England lock down measures, the trails of spectators attending suporting events is due to be stopped this includes the snooke, cricket and the Goodwood events

My best guess at when football properly returns (i.e. when crowds will be allowed back) is April 2021.

Too pessimistic. Reuters reported that Russia intends to pass regulatory approval for a vaccination programme on the 10th, 11th or 12th August before starting vaccinating healthworkers and teachers on the 15 August with a mass vaccination of their population in October.

Officially they finish a Phase 2 trial tomorrow and have yet to start their Phase 3 trial so I it's not clear that they have done all the testing but if the plans come to fruition, this brings forward normality for all, including football.

Last edited:
I think we should be a little bit concerned about the start of next season.

It seems that Liverpool may not be involved in the Community Shield despite not being in European competition. They are clearly self-prioritising, whereas if City get past Real Madrid, we could end up starting the season late (a long with Man Utd, Wolves etc). This does not seem fair to me.

Rest and recuperation is going to be a potential big issue next season.

I think we should be a little bit concerned about the start of next season.

It seems that Liverpool may not be involved in the Community Shield despite not being in European competition. They are clearly self-prioritising, whereas if City get past Real Madrid, we could end up starting the season late (a long with Man Utd, Wolves etc). This does not seem fair to me.

Rest and recuperation is going to be a potential big issue next season.
Do you think the tv companies give a shit about resting their players, Chelsea now have two big injuries from yesterday, if City go all the way and win then go into next season those players will be playing almost a full year without a break with the Euros at the end.
Are the top 7 still not in the Carabou cup? Personally we should be given the choice, let teams play the youngsters in it you never know we could get to the latter stages.

Do you think the tv companies give a shit about resting their players, Chelsea now have two big injuries from yesterday, if City go all the way and win then go into next season those players will be playing almost a full year without a break with the Euros at the end.
Are the top 7 still not in the Carabou cup? Personally we should be given the choice, let teams play the youngsters in it you never know we could get to the latter stages.
We can field who we like in the League Cup. What bothers me is that the Champions League finishes on the 23rd August 2020, and the League season starts on the 12th September. That potentially gives City a problem. I think the Premier League is suggesting that teams involved in Europe have a delayed start but that is not ideal is it?

The League Cup is way down on my list of priorities but the Premier League is at the top. Most fans haven't started thinking about next season but we have a problem here if we get past Real Madrid.

Too pessimistic. Reuters reported that Russia intends to pass regulatory approval for a vaccination programme on the 10th, 11th or 12th August before starting vaccinating healthworkers and teachers on the 15 August with a mass vaccination of their population in October.

Officially they finish a Phase 2 trial tomorrow and have yet to start their Phase 3 trial so I it's not clear that they have done all the testing but if the plans come to fruition, this brings forward normality for all, including football.
I’m not sure I’ll be rushing to get a Russian made vaccine which has not completed it’s phase testing.

I’m not sure I’ll be rushing to get a Russian made vaccine which has not completed it’s phase testing.
Perhaps it's similar to previous vaccines they've developed and hence much of the science is already tested, however I get your question-mark. I had the same thought.

Just ask all those soldiers in the first gulf war if they’d have an injection, I’m going nowhere near one for a few years.

I will not be surprised if the start of the football season is delayed due to the increase in the Coronavirus. The Premier League does have a duty of care to the clubs and all their staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.