Who will replace Foden as the next project?

domalino

Now that Foden has established himself in the first team and is finally a genuine first team player, who from the academy is likely to take his role as the EDS player who's being brought through?

Adrian Bernabé, Tommy Doyle, Morgan Rodgers, Fiorini?

There's an obvious gap in the squad in that attacking midfield spot that Foden was taking up, but maybe it'll be elsewhere?

The preseason has been pretty much wiped out, which will rob a few kids of their big chance to impress Pep, but on the other hand, the massive fixture congestion expected could or should mean more opportunities to replace injured or exhausted first teamers.

There's rumours of the top clubs very literally playing u23's in the League Cup first 3 or 4 rounds.

Now that Foden has established himself in the first team and is finally a genuine first team player, who from the academy is likely to take his role as the EDS player who's being brought through?

There's an obvious gap in the squad in that attacking midfield spot that Foden was taking up, but maybe it'll be elsewhere?

The preseason has been pretty much wiped out, which will rob a few kids of their big chance to impress Pep, but on the other hand, the massive fixture congestion expected could or should mean more opportunities to replace injured or exhausted first teamers.

There's rumours of the top clubs very literally playing u23's in the League Cup first 3 or 4 rounds.
Seems obvious but I could see Harwood Bellis starting 5 or more games next season. If we don't sign another striker I'd like to see Liam Delap feature.

Unfortunately the Sancho situation has now caused problems for not just City but all leading PL clubs where it's not an attractive proposition to hang around for a starting place. Because of this I think it will be a defender, the one that fits the bill at the moment is Harwood-Bellis. If it is attacking player Cole Palmer seems the one being talked about

Thought champs league clubs weren't in league Cup this year.

Cole Palmer is very highly rated, and he’s arguably the most skilful player in the entire academy.

We’ve actually got great prospects for nearly every position - Harwood-Bellis at centre-back, Doyle in centre midfield, Braaf on the wing, Palmer as an attacking midfielder and Delap as a striker.

Yeah it seems clear to me that Palmer will be the next attacking mid they try to get through, most similar to Foden.

In defense, I'd say Harwood-Bellis.

Up top I'd say Braaf and Delap.

Doyle for me.

Curious to hear from anyone who's seen quite a few of his youth games about their thoughts on his future here. I know he hasn't been given a ton of minutes so I'm not writing him off whatsoever, but I don't get the same feeling of a future star with him like I could with Phil when he was first integrated. Definitely a different type of midfielder, but curious to hear if we think he can fit into a side like ours or if he may need to go on loan at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.