Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very worried.

Feel like their speed through the lines, with an aerial threat is the exact wrong combination for City to play against.

I’d take a nervy 1-1. Hell, I’d take any score that gets us through. Just have a bad feeling after the high we experienced at their place.

We didn’t look at all good against Arsenal at Wembley and I’m just wondering if it’s all a bit much.

I hope against hope I’m wrong, but I feel like 0-2. Ashamed at myself, tbh, and maybe I’ll feel different the minute the whistle blows, but right now...torturously conflicted.

Can never right off a Real Madrid team, surprised how many on here are confident of win and getting through . Lockdown break came at the right time for them and their form has improved since a bit of a dip they suffered in Feb/March. Quite evenly balanced, i think we will be nervy and Real's experience will tell. Our defence will need to play well but i can see us getting caught out. If UEFA are as corrupt as most on here think, then the ref will stuff us with a few decisions. Red card anyone?

I agree with this. Also, Hazzard is back for them. He was injured when we played at their place. He is a danger. Probably will play down their left, so Walker will have to be on his game.

If we can't progress past this Madrid team, I doubt we would have gone on to win it.

We don't need to chase the game and can perhaps pick our moments to play more counter-attacking, as we did in Madrid.
We need to not go within 5m of any of their players or else Brych will send us off.

We need to not go within 5m of any of their players or else Brych will send us off.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the dynamic will be like without a crowd, perhaps even the lack of intensity and nerves in these Champions League games suits us more than anybody else?

I don't believe any reports Hazard won't play, Madrid have nothing to lose on that front.

This game is set up perfectly for us. Realistically they have to score three to go through (as we pretty much always score at home) which means they are going to have to go all out and will leave holes open. With a front three of Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling we should be dangerous on the break. When we win the ball back it'll go straight to KDB who'll look for the killer ball. Walker and Cancelo who'll be up and down like a hookers knickers will help overload their full-backs. Rodri and Gundo will help pack out the midfield when we're out of possession.

I think he'll play:

Ederson

Walker
Ottamendi
Laporte
Cancelo

Rodri
KDB
Gunogan

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling

We'll have Foden, Silva & Bernardo available if we need more attacking options off the bench and Fernandinho, Garcia, Stones if we want to sure things up at the back. Feeling confident, which is usually a bad omen. 4 - 0 to Madrid.

They have to score 2 to stand a chance of going through. Time for Pep to finally deploy his double pivot at City and play 4-2-3-1 from the off with Rodri AND Fernandinho in front of the defence with Sterling, Kevin, Foden and Jesus in front of them and pick them off on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.