COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM scoreboard

Bolton 15 - down from 21 but still one of the highest yet - 253 in month - 79 past week - 45 in 3 days Pop score 714

Bury 11 - level at a high rate for here - 112 in month - 46 past week - 28 in 3 days Pop score 726

Manchester 35 - up from 22 - second worst yet - 559 in month - 197 past week - 78 in 3 days. Pop score 620

Oldham 31 - down from 38 - second worst yet - 436 in month - 167 past week - 90 in 3 days. Pop score 956

Rochdale 10 - down from 14 - 382 in month - 79 past week - 36 in 3 days Pop score 869

Salford 9 - down from 12 - 216 in month - 76 past week - 30 in 3 days Pop score 588

Stockport 10 - back up from 6 - 178 in month - 73 past week - 19 in 3 days. Pop score 613

Tameside 17 - up from 9 to new record for here - 164 in month - 74 past week - 25 in 3 days. Pop score 739

Trafford 14 - up from 9 - 114 in two weeks - 60 past week - 25 in 3 days. Pop score 621

Wigan 3 - up from 1 - but still in check as best performer in GM - 89 in month - 22 past week - 8 in 3 days. Easily wins every one of these measures, Pop score 669
I read that and I imagined your voice as Fluff Freeman doing the chart run down.
Not arf.
Thanks for all your effort BTW.

We should have done that before we decided on trashing our economy and ruining lives, whilst only prolonging the agony!

There was no ( or very little )evidence at that time. we had to act on worst case ideals.

we now have evidence and we should be using it accordingly.

We’re doing that now and the lockdown hasn’t worked.

Tbh, I think the idea that anywhere could have avoided a massive economic crash was fanciful. If we had tried to ignore it the hospitals quite clearly would have been worse hit and the death count would have been even more severe and there is no way public confidence and fear wouldn't have kicked in. Reports from across the world etc would have raised the issue massively, like they did.

I think we messed the lockdown up big time, but I think we'd be in an even worse position if we hadn't. Considerably more deaths, more panic and there's no way we'd not have had even more draconian measures kick in due to collapsing hospitals. We would have got there eventually, but more painfully. Cant really see any reason why we wouldn't.... and please don't say Sweden. Apples and oranges. Over half of Swedes live alone. Half! I literally don't know a single person who does. Not even one! Their lifestyles, obedience and approach is vastly different to ours... and they were still hit awfully. Plus their economy has crashed too.

As for the other watch towns

Bradford 47 - up from 41 - no sign of control here. Pop score 976

Leicester 20 - down from 30 - seems to be easing off numbers here. Pop score record busting 1441

Preston 16 - double yesterday - Pop score rose from 877 to 888.

Blackburn & Darwen 14 - down from 24 and their best in a week. Sadly did not stop them becoming the first place in the north and only the third in the UK to join the 1000 pop score club at 1002

Hospital data - just 20 people admitted to hospital in England on Tuesday. Down from 74 on Sunday 2 Aug and 58 on Monday.

On the other hand Wales added 65 with 35 and 29 on Sunday and Monday.

Tbh, I think the idea that anywhere could have avoided a massive economic crash was fanciful. If we had tried to ignore it the hospitals quite clearly would have been worse hit and the death count would have been even more severe and there is no way public confidence and fear wouldn't have kicked in. Reports from across the world etc would have raised the issue massively, like they did.

I think we messed the lockdown up big time, but I think we'd be in an even worse position if we hadn't. Considerably more deaths, more panic and there's no way we'd not have had even more draconian measures kick in due to collapsing hospitals. We would have got there eventually, but more painfully. Cant really see any reason why we wouldn't.... and please don't say Sweden. Apples and oranges. Over half of Swedes live alone. Half! I literally don't know a single person who does. Not even one! Their lifestyles, obedience and approach is vastly different to ours... and they were still hit awfully. Plus their economy has crashed too.
Half of the Swedish women live alone?
Interesting...

I find it odd that those who are against the people at minimal risk (Ie the under 60s with No underlying health conditions ) getting on with their lives as best they can whilst washing hands and social distancing but by in large enjoying life again , so long as they don’t visit elderly or vulnerable people who shall be shielded . These people seem to instead prefer and advocate a total lockdown of everyone.

tell me how this changes in anyway the risk profile of the old and vulnerable as if we are all locked down what difference does it make to the old and vulnerable as they can’t see people anyway!!!

it would seem to me this is what we should be doing and allowing kids to be educated , the young to do the normal shit that we take for granted you know like get married go on holiday go and get pissed etc. And most importantly of all not totally fuck up the economy.

there must be a few on this thread who are very wealthy with no mortgage as they don’t seem to have any financial pressures at all Or are in any way fearful of theirs or their kids future.

However, the figures show that with discharges factored in the number in hospital with Covid FELL in Wales from 110 Tuesday to 105 yesterday.

And the number in England fell from 737 to 727 in that period and today (England figures are a day ahead on most things) fell again to just 694

So best estimate I have even with adding the 3 who went into Scotland hospitals today I make it 1070 in UK hospitals - unless N Ireland have added more today.

So the Covid UK hospital population is still dropping and may be below 1000 quite soon.

This remains good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.