COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio’s governor, Mike DeWine, went to extreme measures to avoid meeting the orange idiot today, by testing positive for Covid. I just watched Air Force 1 land safely (unfortunately) in downtown Cleveland.

Tbh, I think the idea that anywhere could have avoided a massive economic crash was fanciful. If we had tried to ignore it the hospitals quite clearly would have been worse hit and the death count would have been even more severe and there is no way public confidence and fear wouldn't have kicked in. Reports from across the world etc would have raised the issue massively, like they did.

I think we messed the lockdown up big time, but I think we'd be in an even worse position if we hadn't. Considerably more deaths, more panic and there's no way we'd not have had even more draconian measures kick in due to collapsing hospitals. We would have got there eventually, but more painfully. Cant really see any reason why we wouldn't.... and please don't say Sweden. Apples and oranges. Over half of Swedes live alone. Half! I literally don't know a single person who does. Not even one! Their lifestyles, obedience and approach is vastly different to ours... and they were still hit awfully. Plus their economy has crashed too.
Just over 8 million in this country live alone, whilst it’s about 1.8 million in Sweden. That’s about 12% of the U.K. living alone and about 18% of Swedes. Certainly a difference but nothing like what you’re suggesting.

Think that's it tonight but despite the gloomy news of new cases and lockdowns the hospital data remains much more positive.

As long as that keeps happening it can only be good.
And this is why we’ve got to stop using new cases as the sole source of decision making. I really think that some people imagine that one day we’ll wake up and you’ll be posting 0 new cases for every region. That just isn’t going to happen and it’s the supportive data we need to be using. We need to be much smarter in our approach to this and need much more transparency. Being led by the same science we’ve been led by since January might not be the wisest of choices either. Much more diversity is required to assist these admittedly wicked choices.

Are GP's allowed to refer "non urgent" cases for x-ray yet?
I only ask because I've been in pain with my neck and shoulder since mid May. Was told it was the rotator cuff and was prescribed Naproxen (which didn't help). Couldn't have an x-ray even though GP wanted to send me.
It's now August and I've developed pins and needles in my hand.
I've been in work all the way through but starting to get annoyed now.
Thinking of just going straight to A and bloody E.

Are GP's allowed to refer "non urgent" cases for x-ray yet?
I only ask because I've been in pain with my neck and shoulder since mid May. Was told it was the rotator cuff and was prescribed Naproxen (which didn't help). Couldn't have an x-ray even though GP wanted to send me.
It's now August and I've developed pins and needles in my hand.
I've been in work all the way through but starting to get annoyed now.
Thinking of just going straight to A and bloody E.
Go to casualty,they will Xray it in a clean part of the department

Go to casualty,they will Xray it in a clean part of the department
Just go straight there then, without a referral from GP? I only ask because it's not an Accident or an Emergency, but I'm conscious it could be something developing and I need to have some peace of mind.

Just over 8 million in this country live alone, whilst it’s about 1.8 million in Sweden. That’s about 12% of the U.K. living alone and about 18% of Swedes. Certainly a difference but nothing like what you’re suggesting.

What's your source for that? Mine is this BBC article from 2019:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20190821-why-so-many-young-swedes-live-alone

"More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU, according to Eurostat. Official figures given to the BBC by the Swedish government’s number-crunching agency Statistics Sweden suggest that includes around one in five 18- to 25-year-olds, although its researchers estimate that the real number could be higher, since many remain registered at their parents’ address while they stay in sublet rentals."

I have no reason to doubt it.

Just go straight there then, without a referral from GP? I only ask because it's not an Accident or an Emergency, but I'm conscious it could be something developing and I need to have some peace of mind.
You have pins and needles now so that elevates it from shoulder pain,they are empty compared to usual so you are not taking someone more seriously ill's place,the worst that can happen is that they say no but I am sure they wont

You have pins and needles now so that elevates it from shoulder pain,they are empty compared to usual so you are not taking someone more seriously ill's place,the worst that can happen is that they say no but I am sure they wont
Ok, thanks. Will chance it in the next few days. Doing my head in :-(

[QUOTE="Ban-jani,
60,000 haven’t died from the virus, we’ve even had 4,000 wiped from the 40,000+ figure today because of false diagnosis of death.[/QUOTE]

No change to the official published figures yet.
Up to 4k is the Daily Mail estimate, probably nearer 1k.
Won't effect the figures for covid on death certificates 55k or excess deaths 60k +.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.