Cycling Advice

We did that the weekend before last but started from Knutsford to cut out some of the boring flat bits (we're in Warrington too). I agree it's a great route, particularly on a good day.

Do you think the Tour de Manc will actually go ahead? We were looking at doing that before all the current fun and games started.

I hope so but will depend on whether Gtr M/cr have stricter lockdown conditions imposed. It's madness, you can go to a pub or restaurant but it's not ok to go sit in your friend/relative's back garden.

If it gets cancelled, I'm sure they will roll your fee onto next year's event.

I keep getting fizzy fingers when riding.

My handle bars are straight so there no other riding position I can take and after about half an hour i get pins and needles and by the end I can’t feel my hands.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to combat it? I think I need to strengthen my forearms, I also think it’s just positioning of my hands of the handlebars - but what position’s best?
I used to get this, fixed It by raising my handlebars with a riser thingy.

Might be worth trying

Just driving home from golf and there were 4 cyclists riding together.

1 female out in front and 3 men not riding single file, not even riding 2 abreast but riding 3 along, blocking the entire road in one direction and holding up a queue of traffic behind.

They even couldn’t decide where they were going through Marple so slowed down to look, which made every car behind them stationary.

I know there’s safety measures to cycling two abreast but surely I’m well within my rights to run the set of cunts over here?

Just driving home from golf and there were 4 cyclists riding together.

1 female out in front and 3 men not riding single file, not even riding 2 abreast but riding 3 along, blocking the entire road in one direction and holding up a queue of traffic behind.

They even couldn’t decide where they were going through Marple so slowed down to look, which made every car behind them stationary.

I know there’s safety measures to cycling two abreast but surely I’m well within my rights to run the set of cunts over here?
No.

I get it’s frustrating, but it can be for the cyclist too.
I respect cyclists, I don’t like them as you know but I don’t want to put anyone in danger.

I just thought riding 3 abreast, going slow because they didn’t know where they were going and holding up a load of traffic was well over the top.

I respect cyclists, I don’t like them as you know but I don’t want to put anyone in danger.

I just thought riding 3 abreast, going slow because they didn’t know where they were going and holding up a load of traffic was well over the top.

I agree. Cyclists have a duty to other road users too. However, the number of times we get dog's abuse from motorists for riding 2 abreast is unreal. Usually screaming to follow the highway code and ride single file when the daft fuckers don't even know what the highway code advises. I've become a bit of angry t**t with these kinds of people of late and that's not my nature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.