Sunday Supplement cancelled from 2020/21 season

It's funny that the one thing that's probably killed this show is the very people it's built on, ie the journalists. I remember the show a good few years ago and, compared to the current lot, they actually had something to say and had a modicum of charisma and were less anodyne and bland. The current lot talk alot but don't actually say anything and the whole thing is an hour and a half of trendy young things or middle aged men with jumpers on all agreeing with each other.

It's funny that the one thing that's probably killed this show is the very people it's built on, ie the journalists. I remember the show a good few years ago and, compared to the current lot, they actually had something to say and had a modicum of charisma and were less anodyne and bland. The current lot talk alot but don't actually say anything and the whole thing is an hour and a half of trendy young things or middle aged men with jumpers on all agreeing with each other.

Indeed, surely they all can't hate City and Arabs owners?

No more of this wretched cuunt spewing forth her obvious hatred of City. Good riddance.

Apologies for not bothering with a spoiler.

IPD-Grab-10h22m33s08_3089017.jpg

Was of course originally Hold The Back Page with Brian Woolnough. We shouldn’t talk ill of the departed, but he often chaired that show with the likes of Paul “Macca” McCarthy, John “Ricco” Richardson, Paddy “yes I’ll have another” Barclay, and Steve “Master” Bates etc and it was no better than it’s been in recent seasons under Ashton tbh.
In a nutshell, I think your memory is being kind - it honestly wasn’t much different/better back then.

Was of course originally Hold The Back Page with Brian Woolnough. We shouldn’t talk ill of the departed, but he often chaired that show with the likes of Paul “Macca” McCarthy, John “Ricco” Richardson, Paddy “yes I’ll have another” Barclay, and Steve “Master” Bates etc and it was no better than it’s been in recent seasons under Ashton tbh.
In a nutshell, I think your memory is being kind - it honestly wasn’t much different/better back then.
Don't forget Rob “Mancini was in the stand” Beasley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.