Real Madrid (H) CL Post-Match Thread

A very brave performance from City with our forwards pushed right up. Real Madrid couldn't handle it but few teams can do that, or would have the guts to play like that.

Pep should take credit for that. We gambled but controlled the game as a result. Most sides with a 2-1 away lead would have sat deep and tried to counter attack. We played on the front foot.

First time I've heard Jesus speak English.
T6JHZK8.jpg
That has made my night

Not been a big fan of Walker this year, think he’s been a clown on and off the pitch but he showed his importance to the team tonight, easily motm for me, the positions he took up centrally, coupled with some cracking driving runs in between the lines were integral to the performance.... well done carpet head!

I know what you mean with his off field antics but Walker on the pitch rarely lets us down - has the odd brain fart here and there but he wil run through brick walls for you

Oh yes.

Our most mature European performance yet and our biggest European win for 50 years.

100% agree.

Being a depressing fucker i was expecting the worst,i always do in big games though,keeps me grounded.. We have form for it in these Champions League games.

Sure there were nervous passes here,and there.and a couple of minutes of defending where you started thinking please God not again.

But over 94 minutes we were pretty much in complete control.

The only gripe i have,and it is a small one.Some of our build up play is exceptional,we break at speed in to the opposition penalty area. For the love of God stop looking for that killer extra pass unless it is obviously 100% on.Just get a shot off,and shoot.Even if the Ball ends up in Row Z,it gives us time to get back in position,which is much better than setting up a quick opposition counter attack from a sloppy pass that was never on to start with.Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

I was slagging him off and I wasn't even on the match day thread.

His body language at times was disgraceful and he was very lazy during the build up play. He's fine when we need to manage the game and control the tempo but infuriating going forward.
Have you been watching football long?
Thought not

your obviously a knob who knows fuck all about football as gundog was excellent tonight
Yes, I'm definitely a knob. You're spot on there CT.

However, there were a few occasions tonight (before gabby scored) when the game was passing gundog by. He looked laboured going forward and It was after we went 2-1 up that he came into his own.

I do acknowledge his attributes but he can equally be a frustrating fucker too. Hence my slagging him off.

Gundogan may be frustrating and actually look crap against weak teams, but somehow he is the ultimate cool head in the biggest games.

I’ll admit I don’t really enjoy watching him that much, but he is technically absolutely stunningly good. Just a shame he’s doesn’t turn up in so many games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.