Real Madrid (H) CL Post-Match Thread

That game...it was a great win but we won't win the CL if we play like that in Lisbon. We might win 1 more game, but we won't win it all.

There was a mental block today, we should have destroyed this Real side, but we cocked up every chance we created ourselves, and in the end our defensive work, forced the goals - but it won't do that every time.

I feel like we maybe we do just need this big landmark win against someone as establishment as Real Madrid for the lads to start playing against CL opposition like we do against PL sides - like we're much better and we know it.

Lyon next. They won't have the same aura that Madrid do, and we should be confident that we're the better side, but it'll be Bayern/Barca if we get through that and we'll lose if we don't play like we're the best side on the pitch.

To be fair I think we were affected by not knowing whether to stick or twist - manage the game or try and put them out of sight. Second half we got the balance just right.

With regards to the next stage of the tournament that won’t be a factor - all or nothing. We just need three of the performances we know we are capable of - none of our playing well but could play for 3 days and not score efforts. No complacency, let’s get into Lyon from the off.

Pep Guardiola: "When you play against Real Madrid, you realise how good they are. We scored two goals from mistakes from them. It's not easy - we tried to convince them to attack. We are in the quarter finals.

Pep Guardiola: "We knew we were going to suffer but we conceded few [chances]. A great save from Eddie. The second half, not much. The players made an incredible effort, all of them

I hate that away goal rule with a passion

Why do I feel 4-2 up, dominated both legs that with the away goals rule we are chasing the game if RM nick another.
thankfully we don’t have to bother with that now and I think that’s a huge advantage to us in knock out football

thought football teams/employees had some sort of special dispensation with this...hence us being allowed to travel abord (along with other teams) to go to. Portugal an Madrid being allowed to come to us tonight etc?
Bubbles brother. Been in a bubble and routinely tested as a squad. Individuals like them wont be in it

Brilliant performance. Was a bit nervous at 1-1 when we got a little flustered and had a poor five minutes but our class showed through.

I thought Bernardo was excellent when he came on. Kept the ball well, twisted and turned and looked back to his best. Clearly went for game management rather than looking to setup/score but made a big impact. Foden struggled a bit to impose himself at times but what a huge game for his confidence starting that one. Pep got it all spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.